Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happened twice now and both times i dont really know what or how it happened.
While driving up to a junction slowing using the gears, changing down first between 4th and 3rd second time between 3rd and 2nd the stop start has cut the engine as though i had come to a standstil, but i am still moving.
The really weird thing is it was at opposite ends of the same road. Spooky :eek:
Going to have to keep an eye on this and get it booked in if it does it again. Also do owners of the Tdi engined A1's find it holds the revs at about 1100 rpm when slowing and not changing down in 3rd?
Perhaps its the newness wearing off !

·
Registered
442 Posts
I know when ive landed up going slow because of the person or traffic in front , changing gear and it holds the revs

·
Registered
74 Posts
simonski said:
This has happened twice now and both times i dont really know what or how it happened.
While driving up to a junction slowing using the gears, changing down first between 4th and 3rd second time between 3rd and 2nd the stop start has cut the engine as though i had come to a standstil, but i am still moving.
The really weird thing is it was at opposite ends of the same road. Spooky :eek:
Going to have to keep an eye on this and get it booked in if it does it again. Also do owners of the Tdi engined A1's find it holds the revs at about 1100 rpm when slowing and not changing down in 3rd?
Perhaps its the newness wearing off !
I can say ive not any problems and ive got the tdi sline aswell,but will keep a close look

·
Registered
145 Posts
The only issue I have had with stop/start is it has cut in without handbrake on. If I understand what you are saying the rev holding thing is to stop the car stalling so holds the revs up .

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jrh said:
The only issue I have had with stop/start is it has cut in without handbrake on. If I understand what you are saying the rev holding thing is to stop the car stalling so holds the revs up .
Mine does that as well !

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've found my Stop/Start does something weird.

If I brake to a stop, put it into neutral, this stops. Put Hand brake on, and take foot off of foot brake, and it re-starts.

Not every time, but often enough for me to notice it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
simonski said:
jrh said:
Mine does that as well !
As far as I'm aware it's meant to do that - its just when you are in neutral and off the clutch? Anyone else confirm this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts