Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a weird problem with the Start/Stop on my A1 and wondered if anyone else has experienced this, last night for the second time the following happened.

Came off the motorway got to a roundabout the start/stop kicked in when I put my foot on the brake as normal, lights changed on the roundabout car started and I crawled along in traffic to the next roundabout, didnt need to stop as nothing was coming drove onto the roundabout and the road goes to dual lanes so I put the car into S on the S-tronic and went to accelerate and the car lost all power the start/stop icon came on the DIS so I put my foot on the brake and then took it off the brake car started and was fine.

Has anyone else experienced problems with Start/Stop on S-Tronic?

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have a manual so havent experienced that specifc issue.

However over the weekend I managed to stall the car at a set of lights and a whole array of waring lights flashed up telling me to return the car to the dealer as there was a failure in the start/stop! When I re-started the car several times the same errors flashed up, I was papping myself lol.

Parked up at home for a hour re-started and it seemed to have re-set and all seemed fine.

Knocked my confidence on the whole start/stop thing...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Its worth a phone call to your service department to check, but they will be able to access the faults log
on your car.
i.e your incident should have generated a fault code which will be stored.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've booked the car in for 2 days for them to look at this issue and two other issues, hopefully it will be picked up.

It's rather worrying as I almost ended up with a truck hitting me in the back last night.

·
Registered
67 Posts
1st thing I did on my A1 1.4 122 test drive was switch the Stop / Start off, and when I test drove the 185 I was glad it was not even fitted !!

Keep us informed as one or two have had minor problems.

·
Registered
450 Posts
spookuk said:
1st thing I did on my A1 1.4 122 test drive was switch the Stop / Start off, and when I test drove the 185 I was glad it was not even fitted !!

Keep us informed as one or two have had minor problems.
Agree. So glad it's not fitted in 185.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts