Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had this error message. Collected the car on friday. Start/Stop worked fine friday and most of saturday before then bringing up a system failure/malfunction message on the DIS. Manual states in such circumstances to "return to workshop" asap. Sounds almost serious in a sense - although it sounds like a potential software issue rather than mechanical. Either way, not a cracking message to get on day 2. Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Where you on very low or low fuel by any chance...?

·
Registered
220 Posts
BigDeuce451 said:
Are you sure you saw the correct message? Would you like to borrow my eyeglasses? :eek:
I am a bit worried about you :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
barney6871 said:
about an eighth of a tank left, i think. Is that relevant ?
Erm yes it is relevant actually... The A1 cuts all non essential systems off including the start stop when it's critically low on fuel, but an eighth is more than substantial.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to update on this, the problem seems to have rectified itself following filling up with fuel, and the start stop worked fine yesterday. We will see - hopefully it is nothing more than the fuel been low, although as i have said there was an eighth of a tank left and the warning light hadnt come on. We will see

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just having a look for a "problem" thread to report my issue.

Just got back home and waiting at a mini roundabout nearby the car cuts out. Start it up again and the brake, ABS and traction control lights remain on the dash. Get back home and start it a couple of times again and I get the DIS telling me there's a brake malfunction and that the start/stop won't work (the latter doesn't bother me). Anyway, my salesman has called me back whilst writing this and I told him I'll take it round the block shortly to see if the problem has recitified itself. I reckon it could have something to do with just having it washed this morning? By the way I've got a third of a tank of petrol so that's not the problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just been looking.for a thread to see if anyone had similar problems and this is as.close as I get.....

A1 1.6tdi.
Intermittent problems with start-stop.
1. Sometime start-stop cuts in as normal when at a standstill. Then the dis shows "Start Stop disabled, engine will need to be started manually." This is like if you have stopped and opened the drivers door, though obviously I haven't. Then pressing the clutch in, the engine starts as normal.
2. Again sometimes, coming to a halt the engine stops as normal be the dis pops up "Start Stop disabled." Yes, the engine starts up as normal when I push the clutch.
3. Coming to a.halt, engine stops as normal. Pushing clutch in the engine doesn't restart for about 3 to 5 seconds ... Annoying the queue of cars behind me.

They're all pretty random and happen at any time, hot, cold, full of fuel or lower. Car now has approx 10500 miles on it now and is otherwise faultless, I love it. Could this just be a software glitch and an update is out there?

Yes, I will be talking to Audi about it, I just wanted to see if it's a common problem people know about.

sent from a planet somewhere nearby

1 - 10 of 10 Posts