Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had any of the DPF issues others have experienced but my start / stop is very random...

1 Works sometimes and not others - no pattern to this that I can determine
2 Sometimes restarts the engine itself without depressing the clutch
3 Sometimes requires a manual restart from the key

In the TDi the whole car judders when it restarts which isn't very pleasant multiple times/continuously in a traffic jam. All in all I'm not that impressed with it and I'm not convinced the fuel savings offset the load on the starter motor or my diesel discomfort.

·
Registered
33 Posts
havent you posted this once already?

mine is quite random too, from my limited experience it appears it wont do it if it senses your on a incline/decline.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Start/Stop has stopped working in mine. It started yesterday & i also noticed revving higher at idle booked in for next week :|

·
Registered
90 Posts
There is a section in the manual about when the start stop functions works and doesn't,

Engine will restart when.
Clutch pedals is pushed down.
Cabin temp changes.

Stop start doesn't work when.
Stop on a hill.
Car hasn't been driving for long enough.
Cabin temp not at desired level.

Key has to used to start engine when.
Door has been opened when car has been stopped

When start stop does not work there should a display on the dash, it looks like a "A" with a circle arrow around it with a line through it, showing not available

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have no problem with my start / stop switching the engine off when I come to a stop at lights etc. However, if I am stopped for more than about 20 secs the car will not restart by pressing down on the clutch. Instead you have to restart using the key. A bit annoying. Wondered if anyone else gets this problem on a regular basis.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Jaysurrey said:
I have no problem with my start / stop switching the engine off when I come to a stop at lights etc. However, if I am stopped for more than about 20 secs the car will not restart by pressing down on the clutch. Instead you have to restart using the key. A bit annoying. Wondered if anyone else gets this problem on a regular basis.
Jay I think you'll find that is a problem with your stop/start.

That shouldnt happen get it checked out.

·
Registered
131 Posts
mah006 said:
Start/Stop has stopped working in mine. It started yesterday & i also noticed revving higher at idle booked in for next week :|
I have this happen occasionally, just thought it was the dpf regeneration, so would be interested to know what they diagnose.

Steve

·
Registered
903 Posts
I've only had 2 days on mine its auto petrol.still jury's out for me and keep going to turn off.if I stop at lights it goes off but turns back on little later probs due to climate control etc.I'm going to percvere with it sometimes I think its pointless in stop start traffic and junctions. :roll:

·
Registered
478 Posts
I only trigger the stop part of the auto stop/start if I know I'm going to be at a red light for a lengthy period of time. I reckon it's pointless in slow moving traffic unless you know you ain't going to be moving for a while.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Catnip64 said:
mah006 said:
I have this happen occasionally, just thought it was the dpf regeneration, so would be interested to know what they diagnose.

Steve
Yes Steve it was a DPF regen & while i was at the dealers i had a software update & the regen now happens less :)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I always turn it off, I hate it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts