Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the wattage and number of speakers of the standard sound system?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Not sure on the wattage, but 8 speakers in the front and 6 in the back from my counting (feel free to correct me?)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mikecruse said:
Not sure on the wattage, but 8 speakers in the front and 6 in the back from my counting (feel free to correct me?)
8 in the standard just in the front?? No way! I think you're counting plastic covers!

From memory I'm guessing 4 in the front and 4 in the back?

No idea about watts I'm afraid.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
richieshore said:
Mikecruse said:
8 in the standard just in the front?? No way! I think you're counting plastic covers!

whats that 1 on each front door, 1 in each door handle....thats 4 in the front...

towards the back 1 smaller pair near the window, and 1 towards the lower half...4 again?

·
Registered
68 Posts
From what I gathered from our car there are 2 in the back, two in the front (doors) plus 2 tweeters in the pillars. Thats it. There are however as you say a lot of covers but speakers are only fitted behind them all if you opt for Bose.

·
Registered
619 Posts
taconite2 said:
richieshore said:
Mikecruse said:

whats that 1 on each front door, 1 in each door handle....thats 4 in the front...

towards the back 1 smaller pair near the window, and 1 towards the lower half...4 again?
No if you look carefully there are two in the front pillars as well - and pretty sure there was another one I found on the door! I'll check again tomorrow

(And the ones I found were definitely speakers not covers as I could feel them vibrating)

·
Registered
67 Posts
According to the brochure we have a total of 6 speakers and 2 tweeters in the car... Maybe my first guess was right with 4 front (inc. Tweeters) and 4 rear?

No mention of wattage however the upgraded system is 180 watts and that has an extra amp soooo significantly less than that...?

·
Registered
52 Posts
According to the brochure:
Standard sound system with Chorus (not sure if you have it in the UK): 4 passive speakers total 40 watts
Standard sound system with Concert/Symphony: 8 passive speakers total 80 watts
Audi Sound System: 10 loud speakers + sub + 6-channel amp total 180 watts
BOSE: 14 loudspeakers + sub + 10-channel amp total 465 watts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I have the sport edition, it has 2 speakers in each door, tweakers on the pillars with another at the front by the window.

I have removed the back seats, and there seems to be a speaker underneath. Can anyone confirm this, or would it be a sub.

Cheers

·
Registered
67 Posts
jamesbroomfield said:
Hi,

I have the sport edition, it has 2 speakers in each door, tweakers on the pillars with another at the front by the window.

I have removed the back seats, and there seems to be a speaker underneath. Can anyone confirm this, or would it be a sub.

Cheers
If you have a centre speaker by the front window then you must have upgraded the stereo which means you will also have a sub, I believe it's in the boot though and not under the back seats?

If not then you're imagining things and the 'speaker' at the front by the window is just a plastic cover I'm afraid.

My car in the front has only 2 speakers in the door and 2 tweeters in the pillars. By the door handles it has plastic covers and in the front centre it has a plastic cover. This is the standard basic crappy stereo in the uk. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'm confused which sound system I have now - Does the Sport come with an upgraded stereo? As the speakers in my door pillars definitely work and are not just covers

·
Registered
151 Posts
The UK A1 brochure says (description of SE):-

Concert radio/single CD player with MP3 file
compatibility, 6 speakers in front and rear
and 2 tweeters

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mikecruse said:
I'm confused which sound system I have now - Does the Sport come with an upgraded stereo? As the speakers in my door pillars definitely work and are not just covers
No sport is standard. The ones in the pillars work, they're the tweeters, however the ones by the door handles don't and neither does the centre one. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
jamesbroomfield said:
Can some lift there back seat out (very easy by the way) and tell me what that is on the left. It has cables going to it??

cheers
Yeah I've got this thing, it's probably just a distribution from the battery as that's in the boot. It's certainly not a speaker or amp of any sort.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.