Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

So the Mrs is desperate for a DSG Audi A1 (currently has a fiat 500).

Hoping some of you experienced lot can give me some buyers advice and things beware and things to check when I visit a car and do a quick inspection/test drive. E.g DSG gearboxes sensitive to regular servicing like the early ones?

1.4 tfsi looks like a good choice in engine to me and I'm much more at home with a petrol than a diesel.

I own a 2008 mk5 golf gti with a tfsi motor which I use for track days so pretty experienced with VAG stuff and the great but sometimes maintenance heavy tfsi engines.

This is a local one that we saw earlier which looked like what we would be after:

Cheers for any advice!

·
Super Moderator
2014 A1 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Contrast Line +
48 Posts
Strange thing is... I prefer my Polo to my daughter's A1. If you're looking to buy used are you concerned by paying £30 or less for annual VED or £130 for the 1.4 TFSI pre-facelift? My daughter's A1 is a 2014 1.4 122bhp TFSI, bought used with 8000 miles done in 3 years, she's taken the mileage up to 39,000 but it's currently off the road due to accident damage. The main issues she has had have been a leaking non-genuine oil filter and broken road spring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strange thing is... I prefer my Polo to my daughter's A1. If you're looking to buy used are you concerned by paying £30 or less for annual VED or £130 for the 1.4 TFSI pre-facelift? My daughter's A1 is a 2014 1.4 122bhp TFSI, bought used with 8000 miles done in 3 years, she's taken the mileage up to 39,000 but it's currently off the road due to accident damage. The main issues she has had have been a leaking non-genuine oil filter and broken road spring.
Thanks for the reply. Ended up getting a 150bhp s line A1 2017 from Audi themselves with a whole list of warranty inclusions and a couple of free services thrown in. I'm used to buying sheds and delicate old high performance stuff that need a proper inspection, not used to this kind of service and trouble free motoring😅

Great cars though, very impressed with how it drives.

·
Super Moderator
2014 A1 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Contrast Line +
48 Posts
It's a good drive for sure and the interior quality is very high. Daughter's car rides very firmly on its standard 18" wheels which she repeatedly kerbed and "ruined" (all 4 of them!) but it suits her driving style. Enjoy your A1, I'm looking forward to the day daughter's A1 is repaired and I'll get to drive it for a few days until I swap it back for my Polo !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts