Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to leave the Philips Silver Vision until my new A1 arrives... But i am going to try the LED fogs out to see how they look and if they cause the blown bulb indication.

Will put some pics up of before and after. :cool:
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tools needed are a T25 Torx and a long flat screwdriver may come in handy.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The good news is it looks alot better than the yellow fogs... The bad news is it throws up the bulb error on the dash. So i have a few options.

Leave it and put up with the error message, refit the yellow bulbs, or see if i can switch off the bulb error setting in VCDS. i am pretty sure i did come across this setting.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Awwh man, It sucks that they come up with the bulb error warning, I'm guessing the LEDs draw a different amount, shame really as I prefer them.

However you've reminded me, I really need to buy a set of Torx screwdrivers, as everything seems to use them nowadays!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

A quick look at the LEDs at night... They do look alot better in real life and the DRLs look a little yellow, but i assure you they are a good match to the LEDs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
They look cool, but they do make the DRLs look very yellow in that video.

By the way, the lights coming on with the central locking, do you get that with the light and rain sensors?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,229 Posts
Mojito - Is that your badass cat on the You Tube video? Does that cat guard your A1? Exactly how much extra was the guard cat from Audi? What is the part number for the A1 guard cat? :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BigDeuce451 said:
Mojito - Is that your badass cat on the You Tube video? Does that cat guard your A1? Exactly how much extra was the guard cat from Audi? What is the part number for the A1 guard cat? :p
Yes Deuce! It's Ruby aka 'Smelly' one of our rescue cats... We have two they are sisters and are a pair of weirdos. They like licking my alloys clean! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Rojibo said:
They look cool, but they do make the DRLs look very yellow in that video.

By the way, the lights coming on with the central locking, do you get that with the light and rain sensors?
Mojito - is the central linked to the light / rain sensors? Ta :D

Led fogs look great, have you managed to fix the warning issue?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
BigDeuce451 said:
Mojito - Is that your badass cat on the You Tube video? Does that cat guard your A1? Exactly how much extra was the guard cat from Audi? What is the part number for the A1 guard cat? :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cheekychappie said:
Rojibo said:
They look cool, but they do make the DRLs look very yellow in that video.

By the way, the lights coming on with the central locking, do you get that with the light and rain sensors?
Mojito - is the central linked to the light / rain sensors? Ta :D

Led fogs look great, have you managed to fix the warning issue?
It is the coming/leaving home feature that is included in the Light & Rain sensor package... Click the remote and the LEDs/DRL's and Fogs light up the street! :D

I haven't been out to check the fog warning with VCDS yet... I will post back as soon as i do. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LSGAudi said:
BigDeuce451 said:
Mojito - Is that your badass cat on the You Tube video? Does that cat guard your A1? Exactly how much extra was the guard cat from Audi? What is the part number for the A1 guard cat? :p
Haha, she does look like she is guarding the car... Keeping an eye out for those Cat Burglars! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
i thot you used the cat as a bra cover :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
father ted said:
i thot you used the cat as a bra cover :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top