Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

had a call from the dealer thursday to ask if i could bring the car in to have an engine software upgrade done to it so called round friday took about an hour to complete and got the car washed too :lol:

anyone else had this yet

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Dont let them wash your car! Nooooo :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine was already spotless id taked the wheels off the previous weekend and had a right good cleaning session

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Thats not too bad then... I could imagine the car wash guy rubbing the grit into your paintwork :eek:

No wash for my A1... Ill do it myself

G

·
Mojito said:
Thats not too bad then... I could imagine the car wash guy rubbing the grit into your paintwork :eek:

No wash for my A1... Ill do it myself
Spot on, I never let the dealer wash the car - swirl city!

·
Registered
33 Posts
The car always gets a clean by Audi pre delivery anyway. I'm sure they know how to wash cars

I'm more worried about getting door dents whilst my car is with them

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
They wont be pre cleaning mine! They do quick washes... one bucket and one sponge for 50 cars ;)

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Mines in a the mo for other reapairs, but they've mentioned a s/w update...

G

·
Mojito said:
They wont be pre cleaning mine! They do quick washes... one bucket and one sponge for 50 cars ;)
Agree, I've seen them with my own eyes. They like to use stuff with 'fillers' in like lifeshine so you dont see the swirls until after a few washes....

·
Registered
4 Posts
mines just been recalled for software update, will be 5th time back in 3 months! Worried about having the car cleaned now though as last time it came back with two chips on the boot rim!

·
Registered
47 Posts
If a dealer chips/dents anything they have to repair it. The manager doesn't want to look you in the eye after you've complained, but at the same time they should be looking after the cars!

·
Registered
90 Posts
What was the update for

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine went in tonight for the updates tomorrow, 3 I think, plus hopefully sort out the terrible noise of the back wind screen wiper.

Got a nice A5 coupe until mine is ready.

·
Registered
539 Posts
How did you guys get contacted ? Was it by the dealer or a letter from audi ?

I haven't heard anything yet - my car is now 6 months old

·
Registered
115 Posts
Depends on the campaign, most of them dont have to contact the customer directly. Audi do a check on the vehicle to look for any outstanding campaigns/updates when you take your car in to them for any reason (be it a service or warranty repair), then you get them done at the same visit

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Recall is bit of a strong term isn't it???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts