Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You're starting to see the range of colours on the A1, what is your favourite colour, and even colour combo?

Mine is definitely White with titanium.

Post your view by logging in, be part of the next big thing!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have ordered an S Line in white I dont fancy the 2 tone colour with the white I think its fine without

·
Registered
107 Posts
I never order any car with metallic paint, as I begrudge the ridiculous charge for what is just another colour basically. The material cost to the manufacturer is a few euros at best. It is also harder to look after, and harder to colour match if you get a scratch.

The A1 therefore sets a new level of irritation for me, as there is only one measly choice of colour which does not cost extra, a very cynical way of hiding the true price of the car. :evil:

Unsurprisingly ... ours will be white!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I totaly agree with the last post, mine is ordered in white.
I am sure that sometime next year there will be various other solid no cost options. It does come over as being another way to get those extra pennies out of the consumer .

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi guys, sorry you feel like this.

No more solid colours are currently planned. The only standard colours that have been considered are white, black and red. These are part of the Audi corporate colours and offer more than enough choice. For the A1, brilliant red has been removed from the range. This was a factory decision and so I have no further information. You may still have black or white. These standard colours allow the factory to produce cars very quickly and the more cars that are ordered in one colour, the cars can be produced and therefore the shorter the wait for the customer. If you look at other models in the Audi range and other models in the VWG, you will see that this is the norm.

Adding a metallic or especially a pearl effect paint costs Audi much more than materials (and that costs more than a few euros I assure you). The factory line is delayed, paint lines and equipement has to be changed and this also adds delays to production. The charge from Audi is no different to any other manufacturer and is most certainly fair and not evil!

The Audi A1 is the most specified car of its kind, while a few hundred pounds more expensive, compare the quality and standard equipment of the A1 to the minis and you will see that we are offering a fair price for our car.

We are working hard to reduce the waiting times for customer's A1s. We have several members of staff (including me) that will be ordering cars, but are prioritising customer orders. I will be having a white car with the full competition line and decals (available at the end of the year), unveiled at Geneva.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would probably have chosen Brilliant Red, had it been offered, as it is a favourite colour of my wife's.
As far as I am aware there is only one "no cost" paint option, and that is Amalfi White. At least when I ordered there was no plain black available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Solid gloss black is available as a no cost option and was available when ordered back in june.

It was not a dig at Audi in my previous post, as i know the extra costs involved metalic/pearlecent colours, but more of disapointment that they havn't offered the standard Audi brilliant red gloss.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think the amalfi white is a very nice colour, plus it's a no cost option :D

however i do agree with the above post and think that more no cost option colours should become available.

The red tends to bring out the 'sportiness' in the car i reckon!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts