Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Hope someone can help me. My car seems to have a problem. The car feels very sluggish to accelerate and is almost like it hasnt got a turbo in. Occasionally it has bursts of power that make the rev range unsmooth and jerky. Further into my journey I stopped the car and restarted but to no avail.

About 10 minutes later each time I took my foot off the accelerator it would continue to accelerate for a few seconds. When trying to change gear this feels like a lifetime. Obviously everytime I went for the clutch it would rev its socks off coz it was accelerating.
All the time i had my foot practically all the way down which is not usual given it's a nippy little car.

I hope someone can help my asap as I'm at a friends with no way of getting back. I dont want to drive it as it's a bit dangerous and dont want it to blow up.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2014 A1 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Contrast Line +
74 Posts
Which engine? When was it last serviced and has this problem developed suddenly or has there been a gradual onset?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which engine? When was it last serviced and has this problem developed suddenly or has there been a gradual onset?
Hi there. Its is up to date will the service and has full service history. It's a 1.4tfsi (122hp) I have a cobra exhaust. MST intake and a forge BOV though they have been fitted for a while. And when the car works the valve works and cant see it being that. This problem is all of a sudden and started yesterday with no warning.

Kind regards

·
Super Moderator
74 Posts
Guessing a bit here as it could be a number of things, but throttle position sensor?
Can you get a fault code read done either by someone with the appropriate tool or by a garage with the correct VAG equipment?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guessing a bit here as it could be a number of things, but throttle position sensor?
Can you get a fault code read done either by someone with the appropriate tool or by a garage with the correct VAG equipment?
Hi there thanks for your help. I have a family member with an OBD scanner. I will borrow that and report back once I have checked everything.

Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
74 Posts
No problem, as someone once said a few years ago, cars are now so complicated that when you have an issue, don't call the AA, call IBM.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts