Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally received my Shark Fin Antenna from Visual Garage (Canada). I installed it today and it took about 30/40 minutes.

I contacted Arthur at Visual Garage a while back and asked if they could match Amalfi White. I gave them the colour code and they had a difficult time matching the colour because it's not recognized in Canada/America. Initially they came up with a light chocolate brown (WTF?). All correspondence was through email of course and Arthur always responded quickly with suggestions and answers. I sent photo's of my A1 with the aerial removed and put a straight edge ruler next to it for reference. Visual Garage now had a curvature reference of the A1 aerial mount. So their paint personnel decided since VW and Audi share paint codes, it most likely was the VW colour called "Candy White". Arthur asked if I was willing to try this colour; I was. This was under the understanding that if it didn't match I could get a refund. Normally, no refunds are available on custom paint work, but since they've never created an antenna for an A1 and have never had this colour match problem in the 5.5 years they been in business, it wouldn't be a problem.

I wasn't initially sure if the colour matched, so I asked my co-workers and friends to give an honest colour assessment. 9 out of ten agreed it was a very, very good match.

This antenna is mounted over the existing aerial base. I was able to receive 10 radio stations from my driveway at home with the OEM aerial. After I installed the Shark Fin Antenna I only dropped 1 radio station, all others were received clearly. I must say this antenna is well made with an electronic circuit board looking gizmo inside.

I really like the way it looks. :D I wanted to have something different other than a short stubby aerial and/or OEM aerial. This antenna cost me about £55.00.

P.S. Apologies for my dirty car :oops:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Looking good Big D,

All you need now is a satellite dish on your roof! :lol:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mojito said:
Looking good Big D,

All you need now is a satellite dish on your roof! :lol:
The satellite receiver/screen is included within my eyeglasses. :lol:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On the way to work this morning, I picked up two additional radio stations I never received before the Shark Fin antenna installation. Odd, in a good way though. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks great!

Interesting result with the potentially better radio reception too.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
How did you fit this on?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
ca99uk said:
Looks nice also doesn't look to hard with those instructions, though im sure I would still mess it up :)
+1 :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts