Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have bought the service package do you get any more evidence other than your invoice?

·
Registered
84 Posts
It'll be on the Dealerships service records. If its anything like the MOT protection you MAY get a letter from audi confirming the cover as well some weeks later.

·
Registered
921 Posts
You eventually get a letter from Audi Finance - it took about 9 weeks for mine to arrive

·
Registered
151 Posts
I haven't got anything other than the invoice, although I suspect that it might be included amongst the order codes shown on the sticky label inside my Service Book.

- I did notice in my Service Book (Page 2) is supposed to be a Delivery Inspection 'dealer's stamp'. Mine has been left blank. However, I do have a loose sheet tucked into the book, with the PDI checklist on it, which is signed with a squiggle signature and dated.

Did you know that your key apparently has data relating to your car stored on it? Maybe it's on there too?

·
Registered
921 Posts
There is no Service Plan info on the car - it is a UK thing, nothing to do with the factory. It is run by Audi Finance (nothing to do with how your car was paid for). The letter I received last week has the T's & C's, info on what is (and isn't) included and what you and the dealer have to do when you take it in for a service. There's also a contact number for Service Plan queries.

Data on the key relates to the 'keyless' option I believe.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Chelmersteve said:
Unless you mean about the Service Key Reader which records last time the car was started, oil level, whether any warnings are on the dash i.e. washer fluid low (Nothing too detailed), mileage, colour codes (Interior + Exterior) chassis number, paint code

I know this coz i got it on my desk lol

·
Registered
151 Posts
madant_uk said:
Chelmersteve said:
Unless you mean about the Service Key Reader which records last time the car was started, oil level, whether any warnings are on the dash i.e. washer fluid low (Nothing too detailed), mileage, colour codes (Interior + Exterior) chassis number, paint code

I know this coz i got it on my desk lol
Yes! That's what I was referring to.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Sorry, my mistake re. info on key.
Doesn't obviate the need for the letter from Audi Finance though.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The Service Key Reader would not give you information relating to the service plan or anything, if you did ring up the servicing dealer they would just check on their online system and would tell you, but yer im sure you should get a letter, not sure though lol

·
Registered
921 Posts
Has nobody else received the letter then?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Nope not received a letter.

I was told by the dealer that the service information is on the Audi computer systems. I.e. when its due I just take it in, state I have the service plan and thats it, they do the rest....

·
Registered
151 Posts
I haven't had a letter yet - mine might be even more complicated that my car is going back next week and I'm collecting another.

·
Registered
5 Posts
just to shed some light on the whole Audi finance bit. Just think of it as a warranty...your car goes in for a service and then that dealer will send the bill to 'Audi Finance', although you you and I it seems Audi is doing everything, Audi finance is separate from the dealers, and even the dealers are separate from Audi AG (Audi Germany)

The rationale behind it is two pronged

1) In a bid to compete with mini etc Audi finance decided to offer this £250 service package (mini had something similar when they launched you i guess the buyers in this segment are used to it.
2)they all know its a great way to get people who are new to the brand hooked.

All the dealers signed up (as far as i know), we took it as it seemed a bit of a no brainer.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
scuba said:
All the dealers signed up (as far as i know), we took it as it seemed a bit of a no brainer.
As did taking it as an option, surely nobody has refused this?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Triplefan .. The "option" is to take it and hand over £250, or don't take it and pay as you go for servicing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.