Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my dealer contacted me today to say my A1 was being made this week, I've ordered a sport 1.4 in misano red with 5-spoke alloys and a competition rear spoiler & service pack.Question is does the service pack have to be on longlife service or is it valid annually?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi

Might be next to mine on the production line then, as my 1.4 sport (white) is being built this week too.

- I've ordered the service package too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Lady_SadlyBroke,is this your name because you've ordered too many options? lol . Do you know if they are shipping when they're made or hanging on to them in brussels for a while.

·
Registered
921 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Longlife service is variable - depends on how the car is driven and under what conditions as well as mileage. It looks to me as though the 3 services with oil change etc sets the maximum extent of cover under the service plan. However you look at it its a good deal - a single oil change service with pollen filter would cost pretty much the same as the 5 year deal and even with low mileage you're still going to get 2 of these. On top of that you get 2 brake fluid changes - if its the same as the A3 these come at 3 years then every 2 years - and these do not form part of the standard service so are charged extra.
I have had 3 A3's on longlife service, one went to 17,000 miles before first service, the second to 12,000 and the third to the two year maximum interval.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,
My dealer also phoned me yesterday about the Service pack. I have opted for it as i am told that the A1 servicing will be annually rather than the long life version that i currently have on my A3. :) I think it is a good deal and think it will be beneficial in the long run as the cost of servicing my current motor is fairly steep.

My dealer also said that all thier allocation have been built and are still in Germany...but i am a bit sceptic about this. :?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Interesting what your dealer said as the blurb on the Audi web site (link in posts above) says:

'Servicing is based on a LongLife regime, as per the manufacturer's recommended service schedule'

Of course the dealer can set the regime either way - my 3 A3s all came set for longlife on delivery, my GTI (with the same engine) came with it set to annual so I had the dealer change it - took about 5 mins. By leaving it on annual a dealer can, in a lot of instances get his customer to have up to twice as many services as he needs - nice little earner!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I took the following (cut from the website) to mean that the service plan was annual - ie, 5 services in all :-

The new Audi A1 Service Plan is reassuringly comprehensive and you're covered for the following throughout the duration of your Plan as per the manufacturer's LongLife service schedule:

3 oil change services

2 inspection services (no oil)

2 pollen filters

1 fuel filter (diesel only)

1 air filter

2 brake fluid changes

1 spark plug change (petrol only)

·
Registered
151 Posts
daybobsmythe said:
Hi Lady_SadlyBroke,is this your name because you've ordered too many options? lol . Do you know if they are shipping when they're made or hanging on to them in brussels for a while.
No, it comes from the area where I live 'Bradley Stoke'. It once held the proud position of being the negative equity capital of the UK - hence Sadly Broke. However, the car is taking up a huge chunk of my financial resource - LOL!

- I don't know anything about the shipping of my order. It will be interesting to see if my Salesman sends me detailed updates. He might do, as he has emailed me a couple of times so far.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Have to see the details when the documentation is issued. There is a 50,000 mile / 5 year limit on the whole thing and I think the list is of the limits on the service actions that can be included. What each owner gets will vary within those overall boundaries.
As I said earlier, whichever way you look at it and whatever the regime, it appears to be a good deal because it gives you the potential of up to 5 years servicing for a price similar to that for a single service.

Its also a lot better than the £250 3 year / 30,000 mile service pack that VW had on the Polo (and other models) earlier in the year

·
Registered
160 Posts
Finally! A good use for my rather geeky Audi Product Knowledge! The A1, as with other Audis, is available in two different servicing patterns. This is set as part of the cars pre-delivery inspection and can be changed at any service, this change also requires a different type of oil being used.

There are two types; Fixed, which is a traditional once a year or 12K miles and Variable which depends on your driving style and patterns. The latter can be up to 22000 miles or 2 years. Your salesperson will be able to advise you on the best one for you. Depending on the level of service you have received up til now, you may want to nudge your salesperson nearer the time as I would hazard a guess that most centres will set all cars to fixed without asking (they see the car more often). Once the interval has been set, it cannot be changed without changing the oil again.

The service plan is also available in both fixed and variable. The variable plan covers upto 3 oil changes for the 5 years or 60000 miles. It would also cover any inspection services in this period. The cost for this is £250.The fixed package also covers 5 years, 60K, but covers 5 services (plus any inspection services), the cost for this is £450.

Once again, please do not hesitate to contact me if you need help/advice with anything.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Chris, that is at odds with what is said on the Audi site which says 50000 miles and makes no mention of there being alternative schemes

It also says the fixed service schedule is 9000 miles / 1 year and the maximum on variable is 19000 miles / 2 years

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am confused too! I guess though that the service pack can be used at any Audi dealership and not limited to the garage you brought the car from? I have read that it is transferable between owners.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Interesting stuff, cheers Chris.
I wasn't aware of the £450 option. If that includes 5 oil change services I might ask if I can pay the extra £200.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Chris,
Your geeky Audi product knowledge is very welcome....keep it coming! It basically sounds like my dealer is talking ....
and i am losing a bit of faith in them, which is unusual as they have given me a sterling service (sales) over the last few years! :( I think i will stick with the Service pack as i still think it is a good deal.

On another note, anychance of checking the status of my order? STILL at Confirmed week 38. and my chap is on holiday i believe????? :?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Surely if you've bought the £250 service pack then the dealer should put you on the variable service plan? Otherwise on the fixed the 3 oil changes won't last the 5 years. If you opt for the £450 option you get 5 oil changes which translates to one per year.
:?

·
Registered
921 Posts
My dealer tells me that they deliver all cars on the Longlife/Variable regime.

·
Registered
160 Posts
No probs,

My geeky Audi knowledge has let me down slightly though as Steve is actually correct - the plan used to be for 60,000 miles, but this has changed now to 50,000 miles. I totally forgot - I even wrote a blog about it! Haha! Not sure why the service intervals have been changed for the A1 - they were the same as the TT? I suppose it can be expected...

We ordered all of our stock cars and demonstrators with the Fixed service plan - great value! The plan is transferable so even if you are not keeping the car for 5 years, it still adds value to the car.

Hi Audiallstars, sadly I can no longer check any orders that are not from my group - sorry! Usually the sales admin department at your dealer will be able/willing to help with a progress update, failing that a salesmanager should help.

If you buy the variable plan then the car MUST be set to variable anyway (at PDI)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts