1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
921 Posts
Autocar published a road test on 23 June - car was Scuba Blue with the 5 twin spoke wheels - looked great.
Thebred one that's been doing the rounds of the dealers has the two-tone V spoke design which I also think look good.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Chelmersteve said:
Thebred one that's been doing the rounds of the dealers has the two-tone V spoke design which I also think look good.
If you look closely at those alloys though, the bi-colour element is actullay a series of plastic bits bolted to the wheels. Very cool when new, but I'll bet they age badly.

·
Registered
921 Posts
These ar the 2-tone V-spokes I quite like

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
... and at the risk of being a spoilsport, I bet they age badly too. They will be a mixture of paint and raw alloy, under a very thing coat of varnish. One salty winter will be enough to destroy the finish, and they will be an expensive pig to re-furbish. I would only use wheels like those if I had a spare set of winter wheels as well (which of course most Germans do).

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be honest, I have this finish on the MKV Golf GTi that the A1 will replace, on both Winter and Summer wheels. Five years old and no sign of corrosion...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Jae said:
To be honest, I have this finish on the MKV Golf GTi that the A1 will replace, on both Winter and Summer wheels. Five years old and no sign of corrosion...
I'm amazed, I guess you must look after them well. I never cease to be horrified by folk who buy expensive alloys, never clean them, and they just corrode to pieces.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Jae said:
I had a similar design on my TT which went through a very hard winter last year ( for the UK that is) and survived amicably

1 - 9 of 9 Posts