Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Phil. I have ordered a 1.6TDi Sport A1 in black. Whilst ordering I considered Sat Nav. Whilst discussing this with my Sales man. He informed me that to get Sat Nav cheaper than the list price I should opt for the connectivity pack. The reason for this is after the launch I will be able to purchase an SD Card from the dealers and once entering a code I will have Sat nav a lot cheaper that the factory fitted version.

Nice site better than some others. phil
:D

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Yup, its a good route to go! You wont be able to but them on the cheap though on eBay, as its locked to your Chassis number.

What do you mean "some others", dont you mean "all the others" ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any idea what sort of price the SD card and activation is likely to cost? It's an option I am looking at ordering,

JR

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi My Dealer has stated that the Sat Nav SD Card will be for sale at around the £90.00 Mark. As Jae states the sd card will locked to your chassis code. I still think its a cheaper option. I am now counting down the days to getting my hands on my new car. Can't wait this will be my fifth Audi.
Phil...

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's a huge saving on getting it factory fitted - Connectivity pack is around £300 plus less than £100 for the SD card vs £850+ for the factory nav. If it's correct, it's a no-brainer! I'll make sure to ask when I'm ready to order mine.

JR

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would have assumed that the connectivity pack would not include a GPS element, so, assuming that I got the appropriate SD card how would it work!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was thinking if you dont go for factory fitted Satnav, how would it function with just and SD card and connectivity pack surely a GPS antenna needs to be included somewhere?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Its not just a GPS antenna but also a receiver that are needed. These could well be incorporated in the Connectivity Pack, who knows? These cars seem to have quite a few things built in but not necessarily activated - its a good way of both saving money (by keeping the variations to a minimum and parts quantities up) and making money (by charging for things to be activated)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I went for the full Satnav, mainly because there will be a future expansion to access Audi online services like the A8 has.

They'll include features such as Google Earth that are fused with the navigation route, travel and weather information as well as news and extensive search function for special destinations.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I dont think it will, as it doesnt have a SIM slot on the A1 MMI.

·
Registered
179 Posts
According to the literature that Chris posted regarding the media pack, in the media pack it states;

'A later expansion will offer access to Audi's online services - as in the A8 luxury sedan. They include map images from Google Earth that are fused with the navigation route, travel and weather information, news and an extensive "special destination" search function. Connection to the internet is handle via a UMTS module and the drivers cell phone; a WLAN hotspot facilitates contact to mobile devices on board the A1 - from laptop to iPad.'

There is another paragraph about it on page 77 in the media pack.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Ahhh, I stand corrected. But is the UMTS module in already?

·
Registered
179 Posts
My guess is that they would probably have this as a dealer fit accessory when it's available.

Sounds good though!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes, I have also gone for the Tech pack with HD Sat Nav on my 1.4 Sport as I believe the integration with Google etc will be worthwhile and will be a good fit with the iphone

·
Registered
9 Posts
In reply to philw's post...

At what dealer did they quote you the sat nav sd card at £90.00?
I spoke to my dealer today& although they were aware of the card, they told me that it cost in the region of £300-350.
I think i may need to give youre dealer a shout Phil

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was told between £300 to £350 which would make sense, I doubt Audi would sell for cheaper than that as it would then defeat the object of Factory Nav.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
OK, according to my research on Audi AG, the Sat Nav enabling at a later date is priced as follows

Activation of Sat Nav - 350 Euro

The subsequent activation of the navigation system for your Audi A1. With this you can use all advantages of a standard navigation system.

Prerequisite for activation:
- Factory-fitting the preparation Navigation
- Radio-concert radio system or higher
- Connectivity or media-style package
- Multi-function sport leather steering wheel
- Driver Information System

Note:
To use the navigation system you need to buy an update of the map of Europe.

SD Card update for Navigation Maps for Europe - 249 Euro

Europe map update for the Navigation preparation

Absolutely purposeful: With the current data on SD card for Europe, the best route.

An overview of the current software version for your navigation device can be found at:
http://www.audi.de/navigation

So, there you have it. Navigation is yours for a tidy 600 Euro.....

Not cheap by ANY stretch of the imagination...

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Chris,

Can you confirm pricing in the UK please?

BR

Jae

1 - 20 of 76 Posts