Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Saw that. Guess its some way off yet though.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Nah, it will come before the Facelift....

The only reason they're doing this at all is because the A1 will be their biggest launch since the TT and sales will surpass it! They have to do it - the press and people want it....expect it even.

·
Registered
921 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
I also read that engineers reckoned they could shoehorn in the 2lt engine but the word on the streets is that it will have the new 1.6 engine being developed for the VW Blue Sport roadster with around 210 / 220 bhp

·
Registered
274 Posts
I would have thought the problem with the 2L engines was weight unbalancing the car - and needing an extra 20-30kg or more on the tail to even things up - like they've had to move the battery for the diesel to the back now - but even more so.

A tuned 1.6 would sound much better/likely - if they can get 185 from the 1.4 (and thats being conservative - but they have to take warranties into account unlike tuners) then 210-220 should be find from the 1.6 with much less weight penalty.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I will see what I can dig out, I think a 2.0Ltr lump is going to be out, not as much for size, but for weight etc...

Supercharger 1.6 is possible..

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Nah, that will be the S1, too under powered to be RS1. When you consider that they're doing a 185BHP NON S1, then this point furiously at S1, especially as the R line in VW is the S in Audi...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I heard from my local dealer, that the S1 is in development, and he has seen it as a 3dr only, 4wd, not sure about the engine. This will be launched at the sametime as the facelift.

·
Registered
398 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
OS993 said:
I heard from my local dealer, that the S1 is in development, and he has seen it as a 3dr only, 4wd, not sure about the engine. This will be launched at the sametime as the facelift.
So the normal audi A1 is getting a facelift?? when is that going to be released?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Prob mid to late 2014 i would guess

·
Registered
403 Posts
Huntingdon Audi told me this week that the S1 is due March 2014 and will be released at the Geneva motorshow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I asked a dealer to specifically enquire with Audi as-to what's going on with the S1 recently, and they came back and told me that the car will definitely be coming-out next year, with four-wheel-drive and 225bhp.

I have no idea if that was someone at HQ speculating a bit, or if that's Audi's actual intention regarding the specification; however it couldn't have been the salesman just repeating stuff from the internet because he hadn't even heard of such a model!

Would you be happy with that kind of powertrain? I guess there'd be scope to chip it to over 250bhp if it uses a 2-litre engine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts