Audi A1 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I think to say every DSG 7 has a rattle is way off the mark. There are plenty of folk without the rattle.

·
Registered
219 Posts
the_winner said:
Hi guys!
Is any guy with s-tronic who has no rattling noise?
I Become a member here just to see if audi found a solution because at other brands of the VAG Group there is no solution
VW DSG7,Seat DSG7,Skoda DSG7 all they have the same annoying sounds!!!

I have a VW Scirocco 1.4 tsi 160hp with a DSG7(same gearbox with s-tronic 7gear) and from day 1 i have the annoying rattling noise when i cruise with 1st/2nd or 3rd gear with low speed and low throttle over bad road .

Is any guy which has no rattling sound?Any guys who fix it?
Thanks
I have one and mine does not make any noises.

·
Registered
15 Posts
wow!! So all the other DSG7/S-Tronic7 which make noise are faulty?
I know a lot of people with this gearbox which go to the dealer for geabox change and again they have the same problem with the new gearbox...

·
Registered
921 Posts
Mine's fine - no rattles, noises or anything like that - nearly 2 years old now

·
Registered
403 Posts
One year old and no rattles at all. Smooth changes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
:shock:
anyone with a1 who have the problem? I see 6 pages at this thread with A1 Owners with the same problem.Anyone who solved the problem?
And why some make the rattling noise and other no?
Maybe you haven't hear the rattling?Maybe you have not bad roads?

·
Registered
921 Posts
There are 4 DSG gearboxes: the original 6 speed "wet" box, the "dry" 7 speed box as used on the A1 and other "low power" cars, the high power "wet" transverse 7 speed box and the longitudinal 7 speed box. Referring to DSG7 is meaningless.

·
Registered
403 Posts
the_winner said:
:shock:
anyone with a1 who have the problem? I see 6 pages at this thread with A1 Owners with the same problem.Anyone who solved the problem?
And why some make the rattling noise and other no?
Maybe you haven't hear the rattling?Maybe you have not bad roads?
I live in the fens so plenty of bumps, drove the car through Peterborough in stop start traffic on weekend with window down no noise. Granted 6 pages but approx 10k A1's with S-Tronic sold in UK so far according to howmanyleft!

Adam

·
Registered
15 Posts
A1 has the same dsg7 with the scirocco. 7Speed Dry Clutch.
The wet clutch 7speed is for big engines like Audi Q5.
The VW Scirocco 1.4 TSI has the same DSG7 gearbox.
Also i have friends with Ibiza Cupra DSG7 ,Polo GTI,Audi A1 1.4 TSI 122hp,Ibiza 1.2 DSG7,Golf 1.4 TSI DSG7 ,fabia DSG7
All they have the same problem.
Rattling Noise.
Only the Scirocco owners who live in UK have no problems with DSG7 Rattling noise..Maybe good roads? Maybe the right hand driving?
@acprc there is no only 6pages here . Same problems at all VW-AUDI-Seat-Skoda forums with DSG7

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Hi

Ok,rather than get into the ins and outs of the terminology of DSG, for me as an A1 owner, is there an answer or a route to follow to resolve this as yet again the rattle topic is back on the forum? And also what worries me is the response to this issue varies from dealer to dealer.

:D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Granted there may be some issues but if everybody who has a gearbox that works posted that it was ok we would have a lot more than 6 pages and approx 7 or so members here who have issues. It's generally the bad that people report not the good. As has been mentioned if the box has faults get it looked at or replaced as a few have under warranty. The generalisation that all boxes are rubbish because 7 or so Audi A1 forum members out of approx 10K sold in UK have an issue gets on my nerves....just my opinion.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Graham55 said:
Hi

Ok,rather than get into the ins and outs of the terminology of DSG, for me as an A1 owner, is there an answer or a route to follow to resolve this as yet again the rattle topic is back on the forum? And also what worries me is the response to this issue varies from dealer to dealer.

:D
You drive a 2011 car and it's still under warranty! I know where I would be if I had the issue. Make sure you get a technician in the car and demonstrate the issue. This is what I did when I had a problem with my A4 Quattro juddering. (not all A4's are rubbish becuase of this issue incidentally!). Turned out to be a blocked and collapsed fuel filter.

In my head we drive premium brand cars and as such should get premium service, however you need to demonstrate a fault there and then as "it sometimes does it on a bumpy road at 6am" won't get you very far.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok maybe in A1 they use better DSG7 ...
I know that i must go to the dealer to tell my problem. But i dont want to change a whole gearbox and then tha same problem.
Because as i read in forums ,guys who go and change the whole gearbox or the clutch pack the have the same problems...
In sciroccoclub all owners with DSG7 can hear the rattling noise. Also brand new cars Model Year 2012 the same noise again :oops:

·
Registered
403 Posts
If you don't want the gearbox changed to try and solve the issue then the only action would be to sell the car. Audi would be obliged to remedy any fault before you could reject it and the first thing they would do is replace the box to try and remedy the issue. If that failed then you might have some bargaining power.

·
Registered
15 Posts
In previous pages i see members who didnt solve the problem... My car is 9 month old with 10.000km the sound is the same from the first days. Also all guys with the same problem they have 50.000km with the same sound from the first days
Anyway at my first Service i will tell to the dealer my problem. But i know the answer : All DSG7 Does the same sound ,it is the way it works .
The sound is like this one

·
Registered
321 Posts
No rattles from mine, coming up to 10k miles now. And no rattles from my Seat Ibiza (same DSG box) which I had for two years and just over 70k miles.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have been given an A3 2012 with s-tronic while mine is in for it,s first service and the DSG on this car is very nice and smooth and quiet ,
It makes mne sound and perform like an old tractor.
Is it the same gearbox as the A1
Gearchange speeds are better aswell, no labouring, as the gear change point is higher, and sharper to change down.

If you check out all the forums you will see there are thousands of complaints all round the world about this box.

·
Registered
15 Posts
GPL said:
I have been given an A3 2012 with s-tronic while mine is in for it,s first service and the DSG on this car is very nice and smooth and quiet ,
It makes mne sound and perform like an old tractor.
Is it the same gearbox as the A1
Gearchange speeds are better aswell, no labouring, as the gear change point is higher, and sharper to change down.

If you check out all the forums you will see there are thousands of complaints all round the world about this box.
what is mne?

61 - 80 of 93 Posts