Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

Going in to see the dealer tomorrow. I test drove an S line model a week ago or so.

Obviously it's quite difficult to get a full feel for the car on a test drive... what's everyones view on suspension?

I'm toying between the S Line & Sport, the price difference is negligble and that includes having both with very high specs..

I'm not sure how much difference there actually is between the both to be honest... apart from stiffer suspension & s line badging..

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
There is no difference between S-line and Sport suspension, but the standard wheels are 17s on the S-line.

S-line gets you deeper front and rear spoiler, side sill trims, black headlining and half leather, not sure if you get the LED interior lights on the Sport

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Oh, and my opinion is.........S-line on 18s is great

·
Registered
354 Posts
Not sure if there is a difference, the brochure says Sline Sports suspension. I had thought it had something a little different.

But I can say the Sline on 18s is great for fun driving and not a problem for everyday driving

G

·
triplefan said:
There is no difference between S-line and Sport suspension, but the standard wheels are 17s on the S-line.
S-line gets you deeper front and rear spoiler, side sill trims, black headlining and half leather, not sure if you get the LED interior lights on the Sport

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the brochure definately makes it clear there's some sort of difference regarding the suspension.

I went to see the dealer today but was astonished that virtually no discount is on offer at all. The car I'm after is £21k and the best I got was a "free" service plan worth £250.

Now I know it's the start of the month and it's a relatively new car that's selling well but £250 discount on £21k? That's just over 1%! I expected 5% to be honest.

Out of interest what levels of discount has everybody else been getting? I've 10 dealers within 40 miles so will try one or two others but be interesting to know what others have had.

·
Registered
138 Posts
You've done well to get the free service plan - it's more than a lot of dealers are prepared to offer :)

Any sort of real discount on the A1 is virtually unachievable unless you're prepared to take a stock model from the showroom, or buy a stock model online.

·
Registered
679 Posts
You will probaly get a better deal on a stock car if you can find one with your spec.
Dont be afraid to ring dealerships further afield.
I got mine through Macclesfield Audi & i live in South Wales & got free delivery & it was delivered on a car transporter. :D

·
Registered
354 Posts
If you are buying a build to your spec dont expect any discount. I got some more for my trade in car when I pointed out the costs of the autoglym and GAP insurance and I could get better value elswhere. But the cost of the car itself never budged.

If you want a good deal it has to be a stock car, as the dealership has already commited the money. As you already mentioned, the A1 is a new car and selling pretty well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I played hardball with about 6 different dealers over the price and they all gave me exactly the same answer... there is a directive from Audi themselves not to give any discounts on the A1. The only way around this is, as another poster mentioned, trade in a car and they might give you a slightly better cash price for it.

Fortunately, I had a couple of contacts who managed to sort out what would normally be an ok discount, but considering the circumstances a fantastic discount... I got £550 off an £18.5k spec.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for your replies guys. I've just posted another thread which details the discount I got in the end (£800 or so). I've yet to purchase though and plan on doing so tomorrow so be interesting to see if he honours his phone price!

It really wasn't hard ball though, it was a case of this is my budget, what can you do? I didn't manage to reduce it fully to my budget but a half way house was achieved and I'll try for more before I sign it off tomorrow.

Probably just go for a tank of fuel and a jacket/bag or something in addition.

He did say there's very little margin in the A1's so no discounts are available initially and in fairness he said it again after offering the above...

·
Registered
5 Posts
My husband searched the internet for the best prices/discounts - Auto-bid, Orange wheels etc.
Auto-bid gave the best discount (4%) - using this information as a bargaining tool, our local dealer
gave us a discount of 5.5% on a factory order car (£21K). Well pleased, however a long wait ahead
;)

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Im going in armed with my online quote from bettercardeals... Which is £868 cheaper than my Audi invoice, so they better deal, or i will just re order.

Thats about a 4%? saving?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Mojito said:
Im going in armed with my online quote from bettercardeals... Which is £868 cheaper than my Audi invoice, so they better deal, or i will just re order.

I don't know how these guys work, but their cars must come from somewhere, if you go with bettercardeals you might just get your own car back at the discounted price :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Haha... They deal directly with the Audi dealers.

The dealers give them their best price and the broker must get commission from them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mojito said:

So did you manage to end up with a discount?

·
Registered
13 Posts
you should try www.drivethedeal.com.
I just used them to buy mine, seems like the only way to get a discount on the A1

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.