873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how to get rid of this?

·
Registered
450 Posts
taconite2 said:
Go for a drive and brake hard a couple of times.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had a problem with my brakes squeaking/grinding. Worse in the morning and after about 5 mins city driving it generally went. Brought it to the Audi Dealership and they couldnt hear anything or more likely they didnt want to hear anything. I drove it out the door and it squeaked at the first traffic lights i stopped at. I got a tin of double TT and sprayed it around the brake discs and it cured it for me for a few weeks. From reading posts this seems a common problem in Audi cars.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rghealth said:
taconite2 said:
Go for a drive and brake hard a couple of times.
Guys I said brake calliper housing not the discs :p

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nico said:
I had a problem with my brakes squeaking/grinding. Worse in the morning and after about 5 mins city driving it generally went. Brought it to the Audi Dealership and they couldnt hear anything or more likely they didnt want to hear anything. I drove it out the door and it squeaked at the first traffic lights i stopped at. I got a tin of double TT and sprayed it around the brake discs and it cured it for me for a few weeks. From reading posts this seems a common problem in Audi cars.
I had this problem on my Seat. all you can do is wait for the disc to wear down. It's due to contamination on the brake pads

·
Registered
354 Posts
nico said:
:shock:

You put penetrating spray on lubricant onto your brakes

I might be wrong, but verything about that statement makes me scared.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Its the type of metal that is used in the production of our Calipers unfortuantly

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they've appeared to change the coating on the metal now, I saw a Audi A1 delivered this week and it's a different colour

·
Registered
29 Posts
Weird! My car was parked up for 48 hours, and when I came back to it, I noticed the same, rusting on the inside of the wheels. Took the car for a drive, and the brown rusting had gone! Magic. Glad to see I'm not the only one though!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts