Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Its a bit trivial I think, but I don't like rubber mats.

It seems to me that with rubber mats, wet feet stay wet and then transfer onto pedals (very slippy) and the other footwell plastics. Rubber mats always look muddy. Would far rather have textile mats - most of them have a high nylon content and are easy to sponge clean when needed. My last textile set lasted the 8 years that I had the car and the purchaser asked me to leave them in, so they still looked good!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Also hate the rubber mats, my heels get stuck in the grooves!! I bought a very cheap carpet set that sit very nicely over the top of the ones that came with my car to protect them from muddy learner boots, easy to replace.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm the other way , I like rubber mats. They do hold water but that's the point. It stops water soaking through into the carpet. Yes the Audi ones don't look as good ( The mini ones were cool however ) but as long as you keep them clean and I wash mine, they look OK. I guess it just personal preferance . If you do high mileage like me carpet mats wear out and as they are thinner they wear the car carpet underneath, rubber are thicker and more robust.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I always get textile mats thrown in with the new car and when they get worn buy a set off the internet,even for a car as new as the A1 there are plenty on offer already.I find the original mats quality no better than those off the internet.Also they are a lot cheaper than dealers.

·
Registered
267 Posts
karenm said:
Also hate the rubber mats, my heels get stuck in the grooves!!
I struggle with that too! ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.