Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What road tax band is the 1.4 tfsi s-tronic in ? I just wanted a bit of confirmation I think after the first free year it falls into category D which at present is £90 per year some web sites seem to say it's less obviously then it would be category C which should be £30 per year.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Depends if its a Sport or an S-Line. Sport is 30 (119 gm/km), S-Line is 90 (122 gm/km).
The manual is 126 gm/km

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am pretty sure that after the first year free,the 1.4 s-tronic s-line will be £30,and the 1.4 manual s-line £90.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I thought it was completely free on the A1?

What is it the on the 1.4 sport manual then?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A1LDU said:
I am pretty sure that after the first year free,the 1.4 s-tronic s-line will be £30,and the 1.4 manual s-line £90.
That's where I'm getting confused as ive also seen it as if you have manual s-line 1.4 it's £90 and the S-tronic is £30. As it's supposed to be a little more Eco friendly :)
I think all 1.2's are free all the time as is the diesel .

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Edition 2.0 of the brochure valid from oct 2010 quotes all cars upto 130g/km are free but I don't believe this to be the case at all

·
Registered
921 Posts
The 1.4 SPORT S-tronic falls into category C and is £30 after the fisrt year.
The 1.4 S-LINE S-tronic falls into category D and is £90 after the first year
The 1.4 MANUAL (Sport or S-Line) is in category D and £90 after the first year
All are free for the first year

That was according to the Audi quoted emission figures.
The VCA website, which is the official UK source of emission figures doesn't make any distinction between the Sport and S-Line and puts all 1.4 above 120 gm / km and so into band D which is £90 after the first year.
http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/search ... esults.asp

·
Registered
274 Posts
yes - and what is really funny is that audi have it wrong on their website... http://www.audi.co.uk/new-cars/a1/a1/sp ... tions.html - I think they just cut/pasted the info from the Sport model - and forgot to change that column.

1.4 TFSI S line 122PS 6-speed manual 124 53.3 D 15% £17,215
1.4 TFSI S line 122PS 7-speed S tronic 122 53.3 C 15% £18,665

both should be D - though the s-tronic is only 2 into the band, but a band is a band, so its £90. The brochure just shows the prices/bands for the 1st year - which is free.

I reported it - but its not been fixed!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Will Diesels be free Tax ?

·
Registered
220 Posts
It's like the bloody folding mirrors all over again! Everyone in Plymouth Audi were selling the A1 as tax free!!!

·
Registered
921 Posts
They're all free in the first year. The diesel is £20 after that, the 1.2 is 30 and the 1.4 90 it appears.
But, just to add a little further joy, there'll be a budget in March so will we ever pay these rates? lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ben plymouth audi never really said to me what it would be hence why I searched the Internet for answers. I knew year 1 was free for all models. Whatever happens it's a dam sight cheaper than I'm paying now !!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yea I didn't really want to think about the budget :) Neil every person I spoke to about the car mentioned to me that it's free road tax and how cool it was etc.

·
Registered
74 Posts
it is free for the first year, picked up mine yesterday and it says £0 on the tax disc. they don't add it onto the OTR Price as DVLA doesn't charge for the first year for cars in certain tax bands (low emissions stuff), where as big heavy emissions cars have to pay a premium for the first year almost double i believe, some are about £900 for the first year. you can look it all up on the DVLA website.

·
Registered
142 Posts
lee3482 said:
it is free for the first year, picked up mine yesterday and it says £0 on the tax disc. they don't add it onto the OTR Price as DVLA doesn't charge for the first year for cars in certain tax bands (low emissions stuff), where as big heavy emissions cars have to pay a premium for the first year almost double i believe, some are about £900 for the first year. you can look it all up on the DVLA website.
Thats interesting i didnt no that, i stand corrected..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Heres a question..
If your road tax runs out last day of april,and you want to pick up your new car 1st may,are you covered to travel to the garage on the 1st to collect your new car un taxed ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.