Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

As requested, I am creating a dedicated thread to this topic.

I have heard from a number of A1 owners that they love their A1, but the one thing that they feel lets the car down is that it doesn't have heated mirrors as standard.

If you are effected by this limitation and would like a retro-fit solution, then please fill in the form over on the A1OC site: http://www.audia1ownersclub.co.uk/heated-mirror-retro-fit/

The registration numbers of cars affected, are being sent to Audi as part of a 'DISS report'. Audi normally need atleast 5 before they will investigate the matter, but the more we get, the better the chance of a resolution.

My ultimate aim here, as a representative of the UK's Audi owners, is to get heated door mirrors to be a standard option and for Audi UK to develop a genuine retro-fit solution (free re-call is obviously the best!).

I will use the bottom of this post to update you on our progress:

Latest Progress:
18th October 2012 - In our last update we mentioned that Audi UK have now accepted our point and heated mirrors are now standard on all Audi A1s. However, we have been working with Advanced In-Car Technologies and now have a retro-fit solution. Call them on 01202 776699 and mention the A1 Owners Club to get a free upgrade to include auto-dipping passenger mirror (dips when reversing to ease parking).

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Great work Chris, and thanks for the updates

Result.......19 so far, and you were looking for 10

·
Registered
37 Posts
Should be 20 now as I've just added mine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just added my name. I did mention it on the survey Audi/IPSOS sent out a month or so back. It's a 'safety feature' standard on most cars now so why not our lovely A1s.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi, I've ordered my car and won't be able to get it until June. Will I be able to get heated mirrors if this scheme works? I just could't afford the heated mirrors lol, but my last car did have it as standard so I do miss it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I receive my A1 pretty soon and would be happy to sign up. It does seem silly for such a high-class car, especially an Audi, to ignore quite a simple feature. Even the current Fiesta comes with them as standard as far as I know.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just added my car to the list as a fogged up mirror is a serious hazard on the motorway. :oops:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just added my details. It really is a step backwards to not have heated mirrors. If I had realised mine did not have them then I would have ordered them as an option.
As far as safety is concerned heated mirrors are a must especially here in Blighty as we do get quite a bit of damp weather, enough to mist up the best of mirrors !

·
Registered
145 Posts
Added my details. Also saw the article about Chris and Poole Audi in Audi Driver. Doing some nice work Chris shame I'm in the north, it's a long way to go for a top up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jrh said:
Added my details. Also saw the article about Chris and Poole Audi in Audi Driver. Doing some nice work Chris shame I'm in the north, it's a long way to go for a top up.
Thanks - I do get around a bit!

The way I see it, my work on the forums, owners clubs and initiatives such as free top-ups, all adds value to Audi owners. While it won't necessarily all benefit me or the dealership I work for - it all helps the bigger picture of the Audi brand.

I personally love the Audi brand and see myself still working for it, in one form or another in 10 years' time. So the stronger the brand, the better in my opinion!

This heated mirrors campaign is a great example of what I am trying to achieve. If Audi don't react to it, then it will continue to eat away at the brilliant experience that they aim to give. If I can help them to become aware of and react to the problem and develop a solution, then it will all be worthwhile.

We will soon have a fully operational owner's club and campaigns like this will set our club apart from the rest.

So, a big thank you to everybody that has been so supportive of me and my efforts - much appreciated.

Oh - and an update is coming shortly…

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oldie said:
Hi. How are you dealing with those who specifically ordered heated mirrors, like myself?
Hi Oldie,

If you specifically ordered heated door mirrors then that obviously helps our case. When you register your registration number add a quick note in the messages box. All these comments are being sent to Audi UK and so these comments will be seen and can only help to get a genuine retrofit solution.

I am just about to update the first post with numbers, but we are building quite a petition here...

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
41 Posts
is it true that only the glass would need to be changed, as all the wiring is there connected to heated rear window?

cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
My driver's side door mirror has a thin black line on it as if it was a heating element as on the back window but I did not order heated mirrors - is it possible audi fitted this on mine accidently?

·
Registered
23 Posts
thinking about it my car was at Audi having the SD Sat Nav installed today, I'm sure the 'heated' mirror was not like that before. Can anyone advise if they have this heating element on the standard glass as its possible Audi may have replaced my glass without telling me...

1 - 20 of 130 Posts