Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope none of you ever find yourselves in this situation...

After polishing up my A1 so it's all nice and shiny, it was sitting on the street outside while the council came along and repaired a bunch of potholes. Must've been a windy day as next time I go to wash the car I find it's covered in a load of sticky little bits of asphalt. Yuck!

If any of you ever has to deal with this, you'll be pleased to know there is a simple solution: just rub with a soft cloth dipped in a little olive oil. Then give it some Autoglym Super Resin Polish or something similar. Good as new!

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Thanks for the tip. A claybar also works well... but be careful, it can marr your paintwork if not used correctly.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Good info. I have been using Autoglym tar remover but will give the olive oil a go next time.

·
Registered
445 Posts
beev said:
I hope none of you ever find yourselves in this situation...

After polishing up my A1 so it's all nice and shiny, it was sitting on the street outside while the council came along and repaired a bunch of potholes. Must've been a windy day as next time I go to wash the car I find it's covered in a load of sticky little bits of asphalt. Yuck!

If any of you ever has to deal with this, you'll be pleased to know there is a simple solution: just rub with a soft cloth dipped in a little olive oil. Then give it some Autoglym Super Resin Polish or something similar. Good as new!
I would love to be in that situation getting fed up with potholes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.