Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If some of you want to remove your Bumper Spoiler Cover to repaint in matching colour, here's a guide. Good luck. ;)

Removing and installing spoiler for bumper cover

1 - Bolt
-

2 - Spoiler for bumper cover
- Bumper cover removed
- Release clips -arrows- in bumper cover one after the other and take out spoiler.

3 - Expanding nut

NOTE: The photo's for the 1.2 TFSI, 1.4 TFSI and 1.6 TDI are all the same removal process, even though the exhaust systems don't look the same in the photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm looking to fit a towbar to my A1 and have specced it up for the towbar pre fit option - I want to fit it myself but wasn't sure if I needed to just remove the spoiler or the whole bumper assembly and l wondered looking at the image whether there is a diagram for the bumper removal and if so where can I obtain it?
Sorry if this is off topic but I tried posting to see if anybody on the site had a towbar fitted but no luck - all this just to carry a mountain bike!

Chris :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dear all,

Since we are on the topic of spoilers etc., I need information on how to to take off the A1 Sline side skirts. Can anybody help?

Cheers :)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll see what I can find on the S Line side skirts and tow bar fitting, but it's going to have to wait until I get off work.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kksf5864 said:
Would also appreciate any info on removing the front grille!
LOL......WOW! Good luck with this one. From what I viewed on ElsaWin, the front grill removal is not going to be easy. Hopefully, I'm wrong on this one. I'll see what i can post. :shock:

·
Registered
68 Posts
BigDeuce451 said:
LOL......WOW! Good luck with this one. From what I viewed on ElsaWin, the front grill removal is not going to be easy. Hopefully, I'm wrong on this one. I'll see what i can post. :shock:
Ah crap....

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
derbyshiredriver said:
I'm looking to fit a towbar to my A1 and have specced it up for the towbar pre fit option - I want to fit it myself but wasn't sure if I needed to just remove the spoiler or the whole bumper assembly and l wondered looking at the image whether there is a diagram for the bumper removal and if so where can I obtain it?
Sorry if this is off topic but I tried posting to see if anybody on the site had a towbar fitted but no luck - all this just to carry a mountain bike!

Chris :)
Chris - I looked at ElsaWin last night for your towbar installation. Each A1 has a rear impact bar within the rear bumper assembly. It showed the impact bar is removed and replaced with the tow bar. The tow bar is now your impact bar. It is approximately the same shape and size. The rear bumper has to be removed and re-installed during this process. if you PM me your email address, I'll send you the procedure in MS Word format.

P.S. Come to think of it, you should ask for the original impact bar back. You paid for it. I'm thinking Audi would use this for a rear end repair and make money off of your free impact bar they kept. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bluefive said:
Dear all,

Since we are on the topic of spoilers etc., I need information on how to to take off the A1 Sline side skirts. Can anybody help?

Cheers :)
bluefive - It looks like you need to remove some screws and use a heat gun for glue (adhesive) removal. PM me your email address so I can send you the ElsaWin removal/installation procedures in MS Word format.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Any news on Front Grille removal/replacing?

Nightmare day yesterday, accident and I need a new grille. :cry: Already ordered in work today, will be delivered tomorrow, would appreicate any advice/tips on replacing it tomorrow. :?:

·
Registered
115 Posts
BigDeuce451 said:
P.S. Come to think of it, you should ask for the original impact bar back. You paid for it. I'm thinking Audi would use this for a rear end repair and make money off of your free impact bar they kept. What do you think?
:? I'm sure they'd be too busy than to think of doing things like that lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts