Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what sort of power could be achieved from the 1.6 TDI?

I know the standard TDI is 105PS, could it reach 130PS?

Also torque? As i know that is just as important too. My last Audi TDI was remapped, which greatly improved the car and helped with safe overtaking.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Not exactly a re-map, but that's close to the figures for the TMC box, 125ps and 300Nm

http://www.tmcmotorsport.com

Don't forget forum members get a discount

·
Registered
57 Posts
You cannot remap the new Audi VW engines as there is a encrypted ECU requiring a password. If you do go through the ECU you will invalidate your warranty. Do not let anybody tell you otherwise. What TMC on this forum use is a tunning box that fits on the end of the common rail so not touching the ECU. It seems to work as people will testify but it is not as spot on as a specially written remap going through the ECU.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mojito said:
I was just wondering what sort of power could be achieved from the 1.6 TDI?

I know the standard TDI is 105PS, could it reach 130PS?

Also torque? As i know that is just as important too. My last Audi TDI was remapped, which greatly improved the car and helped with safe overtaking.
I think these guys also do remaps.
http://www.vwcruise.com/161.html

·
Registered
921 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Sorry, I don't off hand.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the info.

I have found that Jabbasport are only 5 miles away from me, so i may nip in and ask when my car arrives and has put a few miles on the clock.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Just re-posting to see if anyone has found A remap for tdi yet? Had a look round and cant find too much.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I looked last night... The Petrol 122/185 can now be remapped, but nothing on the 1.6 TDI :(

The upcoming 2.0 TDI 143 can be remapped to about 180PS and 375Nm... Add a bolt on replacement Turbo and you will get around 235PS :eek:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
how much were remaps on 185 etc?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im sure they were £399 and from Revo... If i remember right.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry, my mistake... The Audi 2.0 TDI CR 143PS was £399... Nothing for the A1 yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went with AMD tuning and on a very hot muggy day got my 1.6tdi to 140ps. Originally it was the 105ps so very good gains. I decided not to get a panel filter with it though, was that a stupid decision? Anyway i'd reccomend AMD, Professional, friendly and genuinely helpful.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I would certainly invest in a K&N E2997 filter.
Lots here will say that there is little or no gain in swapping the original filter with a cotton gauze K&N filter.

Ask yourself this question, Why do most of the current NASCAR race engines utilise K&N filtration.
Apart from K&N being an American company, they have many years of tried and trusted data to support their claim, that a K&N filter allows more air into your engine, and has filtration as good or even better than the standard filter.

Ignore the fact that the oil used to cover the K&N filter can cause problems with the electronic sensors.
If the right amount of oil is used, you will have no such problems.

Once my new A1 1.6TDI has a bit more mileage on it, i will certainly be installing the E2997 filter.

Both my other cars, a Golf TDI and Smart CDi have K&N filters under their engine covers, and i have nothing but praise for them.

They do not effect the cars warranty, as in effect you are swapping a like for like filter, and the K&N offers little or no Hp gain, other than allowing more air into your engine.

Currently the K&N E2997 costs around £46, It's money well spent.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.