Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to say had to Reject my three wek old SE TDI on saturday as it is Dangerous to Drive had it back to Audi twice in

two weeks for not slowing down on over run it just kept on going instead of slowing down,plus filled it up on fuel and

fuel gauge did not work properly and i got a return of 38.2 mile to the gallon and that was checked by fuel put in and

not by computer got to ring audi uk 26 04 2011 watch this space

·
Registered
45 Posts
What do you mean by it not slowing down? Are you talking about it pulling while in a low gear when you aren't accelerating?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hmmm, am not a fan of diesel cars, as I don't do enough miles to warrant getting one, but don't diesel cars still pull slowly in 1st/2nd gear with relatively no acceleration?

I remember seeing some demonstration where a guy driving a diesel and he got out and it drove itself while he walked besides it....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Abnic yes accelerating in low gear they said it was not wright and put it on the machine to see if thy was any up grades

they said there where and it should be ok 1 week later it started again so i rejected it

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've driven diesel cars for years and as shakeystevo says it's normal for diesel cars to do this. If you feel it's excessive then the dealer might be able to do something to help, but I'm not sure you've really got grounds to reject the car.

·
Registered
179 Posts
shakeystevo said:
I remember seeing some demonstration where a guy driving a diesel and he got out and it drove itself while he walked besides it....
Haha one of my mates has a diesel and I've seen him doing this before, pretty neat little stunt :D

·
Registered
512 Posts
crosbydavid91 said:
shakeystevo said:
Haha one of my mates has a diesel and I've seen him doing this before, pretty neat little stunt :D
Weird when you see it for the first time tho :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts