Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a black coloured panel or possibly sticker, to the left of the rear wheel arches.

I'm not sure if this is part of the design/body work.

Any ideas?

I'll try and take a photo later, its nothing urgent, it just caught my eye and I wondered what it was. Didn't pay much attention but thought I'd ask the question on here, see if anyone knows what I'm on about... lol

Thanks all - have an awesome Friday and great weekend cruising around in your A1s in the sunshine! I know I will be :-D

·
Registered
22 Posts
tdaulerio said:
I've noticed a black coloured panel or possibly sticker, to the left of the rear wheel arches.

I'm not sure if this is part of the design/body work.

Any ideas?

I'll try and take a photo later, its nothing urgent, it just caught my eye and I wondered what it was. Didn't pay much attention but thought I'd ask the question on here, see if anyone knows what I'm on about... lol

Thanks all - have an awesome Friday and great weekend cruising around in your A1s in the sunshine! I know I will be :-D
I'm assuming your car is black? Because I noticed what sounds exactly like this on the Scuba Blue I test drove as well, and wondered what it was. But it was blue, obviously.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's a stone chip patch, I have them on my brilliant black A1.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi

I think you will find it is colourless, transparent. On the Amalfi White cars, the patch seems to turn a bit yellow after a while, which is not very good as it shows up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This explains it :) My car is indeed brilliant black!

Ahhhh, a stone chip patch! wow! - Audi is awesome!

thanks guys!!

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Sorry to Resurrect an Old Thread ...

Can Someone Post Pictures of this Stone Guard if Possible. Im sure this is what I have an its a Little Niggle but the Guard (Looks like Something that has been Stuck onto the Body) doesn't Match the Colour of my Glacier A1 (Seems a Tad Cream: Amalfi). Could I ask for it to be Painted by the Dealer ? Or Can i Remove them from the Panel without it causing any Damage

·
Registered
637 Posts
MM087 said:
Can Someone Post Pictures of this Stone Guard if Possible.
Or you could post up pics of what's on yours and see if it's the same as people that have them's :p

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Duly Obliged ... Car is Covered in Snow so Taking a Pic Now is a Defo No Go (If you look at the Rear Wheel Arch you Should See what I Mean)

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Can't see shit captain!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi

On my first Amalfi White A1, the stone chip protectors started to turn creamy yellow over the winter. My second A1 has them, but having owned it since March, the protectors have stayed transparent (or white?) until now. I am beginning to wonder if they will turn off-colour during the winter months as with the first car.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Lady_SadlyBroke said:
Hi

On my first Amalfi White A1, the stone chip protectors started to turn creamy yellow over the winter. My second A1 has them, but having owned it since March, the protectors have stayed transparent (or white?) until now. I am beginning to wonder if they will turn off-colour during the winter months as with the first car.
Unless they are treated with heavy chemicals - they shouldn't turn yellow.

I've had similar for ~6 years on wheel arches of another heavily used car and they stayed clear.

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Washed and Ready for the Winter

So back to my previous comments ! The Stone Guards or whatever they are ..

Glacier Car and Amalfi Like Sticker Things ...

Much Better Picture, ha ha

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts