Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across a problem with the Front seats when putting passengers in the back.

Folded the front seats forward
Passengers in
Folded the front seats backward and it locked but the seat would not lock into position on the seat slides
Manual out of glovebox (this was within 24 hours of delivery so hadn't read it)
Passengers out :oops:
Solution was to slide the seat to the rear most position where it then locks
Passengers back in

Only had this the first time so maybe check yours before you put anyone in the back. Saves you looking like a numpty :roll:

·
Registered
17 Posts
We found out about this when we were shown round the car by the salesman. It is possible for the passenger to sit in the back while you slide the seat back as there is just enough room for the passenger's legs - but I think it would be a good idea to warn the passenger before doing this because it is possible to unwittingly hurt the passenger's legs if for instance they've stretched their legs out when they've sat down.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I know when i went for mt test drive , my girlfriend got in the back of passinger side front seat. Sales rep did put his hand down the right hand side and he sort of pushed the seat forward. Must be some sort of handle there.

My mini was hard to get use too , simliarish? once you you push seat back , it just stop dead! you had to keep the seat angled forward while sliding it back.

·
Registered
166 Posts
whitesliner said:
Sales rep did put his hand down the right hand side and he sort of pushed the seat forward. Must be some sort of handle there.
There is a handle there, to push the seat backward and pull it forward. That's where you memorize the position it locks in.
When you fold the seats in order to go in the back, though, they are allowed to slide forward to make room for passengers to enter.

But then, when you unfold them, you have to return them to the initially memorized position for them to lock. Only when they are locked in their memorized position you can push them backward or forward and re memorize it.

If you think someone in the back is going to need the extra leg space, you have to pull the seat forward before folding the seat.

Hope I explained it well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts