Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my baby back after having the panel repaired where the tailgate rubber abraded the paint.

Here's some photos of the process

·
Registered
305 Posts
triplefan said:
Just got my baby back after having the panel repaired where the tailgate rubber abraded the paint.
dont suppose you got a new bumper because I noticed someone is selling a second hand daytona grey audi a1 s-line bumper on ebay :eek:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Defo not, it was only in for the small rubbed section under the light as shown in the first pic

Well not unless they had a serious mishap..................

·
Registered
305 Posts
triplefan said:
Defo not, it was only in for the small rubbed section under the light as shown in the first pic

Well not unless they had a serious mishap..................
haha... oh i see now!

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Looks like they done a decent job there. On the left light pic though, it looks like there could be a paint run? Or it could just be a bad reflection?

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
How much was this?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mojito said:
Looks like they done a decent job there. On the left light pic though, it looks like there could be a paint run? Or it could just be a bad reflection?
I looked at the repair before I left, and saw nothing untoward, then when I was uploading the photos I saw that patch and rushed out to check again, nothing there so it must have been a reflection of something.

taconite2 said:
How much was this?
All done under warranty :D

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Ahhh, thats good then. Could you measure the distance of the gap of the offending adjusters on the hatch for us, so we can make sure ours are correctly adjusted. I have visions of the laquer on its last coat here, haha.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I just wound mine in so they didnt stick out as much.

My "strip of grey primer" hasnt got any worse - I just rubbed a candle over it and then stuck some silver sticky tape over it for now. Can't be bothered getting it repaired.

·
Registered
305 Posts
sorry for sounding a bit thick, but what is the problem being caused here?

·
Registered
274 Posts
jollyretard said:
sorry for sounding a bit thick, but what is the problem being caused here?
If you have the lights under the boot lid (not sure if all models have them or if it comes with the led/xenons or sline etc) - then the big black rubber stoppers on the boot (which can be wound in or out) rub on the metalwork just below the lights on the body of the car - rubbing through the paintwork - it often shows as a horizontal stripe of grey about 1" long and 1/8" wide. I had it on the left (looking into the car) but the one on the right was rubbing but not enough to rub through - just to keep dirt off. Did 3 turns on the left boot stopper and one on the right one - problem gone (except for the hole in my paintwork).

·
Registered
305 Posts
thanks for that... you scared me into going out and having a look but mine are fine :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
I also had the same problem,got mine fixed through warranty.Like myself and many more fellow forum members are having the same trouble hopefully audi have took notice now and are rectifing the issue,must mention my audi dealer done a brilliant repair.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
So, its best to unscrew the rubber stopper slightly... So it keeps the hatch further away from the boot panel?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Mojito said:
So, its best to unscrew the rubber stopper slightly... So it keeps the hatch further away from the boot panel?
No, screw it in - you should be able to see a gap between the outer stopper and the bit attached to the boot lit - narrow that gap - probably clockwise, but I can't remember. I think if its too far out, its rubbing on the metal all the time, if its in, then it hits the metal if you slam too hard - but otherwise doesnt make contact.

Thats my reading of the situation anyway.

I think there were better descriptions in the LSB thread about it.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mojito said:
You may well be right, I could be wrong but it does look as if the gaps are slightly bigger than before, also not sure the offending item is actually adjustable.

I'm thinking a trimmed piece of screen protector strategically placed may be the way forward.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
From when i looked earlier, it needs to be unscrewed so the rubber stopper hits the black gromit earlier so as to not hit the paint

·
Registered
6 Posts
I noticed the paint damage early on and stuck some paint protection film on. Even after adjusting the screw adjusters the boot lid still fouls the body just under those internal lights/reflectors?

Does anyone know if there is an official fix for the boot lid problem or do the dealer just turn the adjusters and repair the paint. I think the plastic part on the boot lid that rubs off the paint below the lights is just too thick even with the adjuster screws right out.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well it's been back once, and it's happening again, so no official fix yet :roll:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts