Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I can help noticing that the sleek uncluttered lines of the A1 leave it without any rubbing strips along the doors or corners. My (now gone to a new home) Corolla had good bodywork protection.

I am quite worried (paranoid) about the car picking up 'supermarket rash' and was wondering if anyone else had thought that the bare sides of the A1 are very vulnerable?

Looking at other cars on the road, there are some with naked bodywork, but far more seem to have some sort of chrome or bodycoloured protection strips.

Does anyone on here have a bare car at the moment? Have you got chipped/scratched/dented sides that you might otherwise have avoided?

Me-thinks I am going to start parking in the furthest reaches of car parks. Well away from people carriers, 4x4's and white-van-man. Or perhaps I should take up that irritating habit of straddling two spaces at once!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was only saying to my husband this morning...(havent ordered yet!) I wont be able to drive in Multi Stories any more - a lot different to my current 02 plate peug 206! Dont care where I leave that one! I ,like you, will be taking up two spaces to park...lol! and will be furthest away from anyone or anything!

Hoping to test drive next weekend - invited to a launch this weekend by we are away.

We are thinking of ordering (after test drive) for delivery in March/April, I really dont want to be driving it in horrible icy weather straight away. plus i want a 61 plate! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
145 Posts
You mean an 11 plate, 10 was March 2010 , 60 was Sept 2010, so March 2011 is 11. 61 wil be Sept 2011

·
Registered
145 Posts
You can get them with a strap that wraps round the doors so you can't phyically remove them till the doors are opened. There on the net somewhere I've seen them. Not sure if I would use them even then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.