Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i've just hit myself up a private plate...

Now do i have it put on my new A1 at the dealers and save myself the £80 fee or should i leave my car on its 61 plate until March then put my new plate on at a cost of £80?

What would you do?

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Mojito said:
Ok, i've just hit myself up a private plate...

Now do i have it put on my new A1 at the dealers and save myself the £80 fee or should i leave my car on its 61 plate until March then put my new plate on at a cost of £80?

What would you do?
Private plates from the start lol. Still on the lookout myself for a decent cheapish one :(

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'd take the pleasure of everyone else knowing I had a brand-new car and keep the 61 plate for 6 months.

What reg did you get??

·
Registered
350 Posts
That is a tough one.
New plates get those admiring 'dang I wish I had a new car!' glances and make you feel all 'hell yeah! my car is new and looks hot' etc.

So you could soak all that up and slap your private plates on it in March for the whole 'I'm too cool for regular registrations, have you not seen that I ordered this baby in Glacier white?!'

But again... it would be nice to drive off in your perfect new car with perfect plates, all special n all.

But you miss out on new-plate-jealousy stares.

It's a tough one to call.

I'm getting private plates in March because that's when my birthday is and of course 61 reg's won't be new and hot then. :|

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
I think the A1s shape alone shouts out "I'm a new model" :)

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought a random A1 plate... £150. El cheapo haha.

I wanted A1 XDJ but it was £950 :(

·
Registered
445 Posts
I put my plate on from new saves all the hassle of buying new plates and the £80,plus there are lots of people who dont understand the current number plates.

·
Registered
619 Posts
christam said:
I'd take the pleasure of everyone else knowing I had a brand-new car and keep the 61 plate for 6 months.

What reg did you get??
Yeah i'd also like to have those 6 months of "mine is a new car!"

if it doesn't bother you though - why not put the private one on!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Our private plate is still on the other car, at least until September :oops:

And probably too late now but always bets to get a plate that is personal, not related to the car, that way you get to keep it when you change make/model

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well i havent paid for it yet, so i may back out haha ;)

·
Registered
574 Posts
my PP was on 1 week after i got it

·
Registered
679 Posts
Mine is on for when they deliver the car to me next week hopefully! :cool:

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm thinking of possibly getting my new plate early then.

How does it save £80 getting it done for delivery?

·
Registered
679 Posts
When i bought my plate from the dvla the assignment fee was included in the price! :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
The wife's V750 form (the DVLA personal plate reg certificate) will be in the hands of the $tealer next time we pop over to see them - ready for the car - once it's built and been shipped - when it arrives - once it's been through the PDI - once it's ready .............. :eek:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
We are putting our private plate on from the start - and with the glacier White, it will be a case of those in the know with their cars realising that it Is a brand new one :cool:

Yours is glacier too mojito isn't it?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mine's going to be Glacier!! :D
I'm seeing the appeal of the private plates from the start - but might have to drop an option because of expense :|

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah a Glacier too... Hmmm, what to do Plate or no plate?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
By the way GadgetGirl... We don't know your name! ;)

1 - 20 of 217 Posts