Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, Im new to the Forum ! Been Reading a lot of the Comments and Stuff on here ... Well up to Page 30 at Least :eek: . I Have seen a lot of you guys are Delighted with your A1's and not too many complaints/dissatisfied owners which is great. I was just wanting your Advice.

I am looking to Purchase an Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Sport

Finished in: Either in: Glacier White. I had a Look at Both the Amalfi/Glacier and the Former is a Bit Creamy for me coming from a Candy White 2010 (60) VW Polo !

17" 5 Spoke Bi-Colour Alloy Wheels
Xenon Lights Inc LED DRL and Interior LED Light Pack, Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
Light & Rain Sensors
Rear Parking Sensors
Climate Control Inc Rain & Light Sensors, Sunband
Hill Hold Assist
Tyre Pressure Monitor
DAB Radio
Audi Premium Sound System
Connectivity Pack
Front Arm Rest
Rear Floor Mats

How does this Spec Seem ? Is their any of these Options you would not bother with or Suggest i go for ? I have Spoken to a few Dealers and Managed to Bag a Discount of over £800 on a Factory Build, Hoping to get an Even Bigger Discount after i have test drove the car later this week.

My Only Concern at the moment is; I have been advised that their is not much point in putting a great amount of money into a deposit on a PCP Deal, and it is better to pay slightly more money each month. Also they have suggested taking it over a 4 Year PCP to reduce the monthly payments, due to the Big Spec List. I have advised them i would be likely to change my car after 18-24 Months. Would this be a Problem ? As i dont want to tie myself in for something as long as this unless i can definitely upgrade early should i wish to.

Finally would you say it would be best to go for the A1 1.4TFSI Sport or Wait for the New A3 ?

Help would be Greatly Appreciated !

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Hey there,
Welcome to the forum.

Glacier white i would say... I have an Amalfi at the minute and it is creamy in some light, but also white in others!

Spec wise, it looks pretty good! Everyone has different options that they prefer or require, so if you are happy with the selection thats all that matters!

What about a S-Line? You get a few cool extras as standard that the Sport does not.

Heres my thoughts:

17" 5 Spoke Bi-Colour Alloy Wheels - 17" are free with the S-Line
Xenon Lights Inc LED DRL and Interior LED Light Pack, Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror - A big yes!
Light & Rain Sensors - Free with Climate
Rear Parking Sensors - Are they really needed?
Climate Control Inc Rain & Light Sensors, Sunband - Climate is a nice touch along with L&R sensors/sunband... A yes!
Hill Hold Assist - Only worth it if you live on a steep hill etc.
Tyre Pressure Monitor - A cheap option, but it all adds up
DAB Radio - Not really worth going for tbh
Audi Premium Sound System - Good choice, if you are into your music
Connectivity Pack - Not really worth it imo... Stream music via bluetooth instead for free!
Front Arm Rest - Is it really needed? Can be fitted in the future!
Rear Floor Mats - Ask for free ones ;)

Also ask for the 5yr service plan as a freebie! ;)

PCP... You can swap or sell anytime you want as long as you pay off the finance there and then. I have had my A1 for 4 months and i am swapping for a Glacier in September. 4 year deal is cool to keep monthly's down and you can hand the car back after two years with no worries and walk away (loophole) 1.6 TDI will be cheaper on PCP due to its great residuals.

Go for the A1... It's a fresh design and has all the goodies that the new A3 will probably not include for free... 22k for a similar spec new A3?

Hope that helps! :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mojito, you don't mess about do you? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
921 Posts
Heated wing mirrors are well worth having
DAB radio gives you lots of stations that aren't on FM. I've got it on mine but not sure if I would order again now that FM's demise seems less certain.
I'd think twice about the Connectivity Pack too - OK for controlling your iPOD if that's your thing and also a useful (but expensive) USB charging point. I had to have it with the DAB but don't think I'd miss it if it wasn't there - and it takes up room in the glove box.
Rear parking sensors are definitely worthwhile - they pick up things you can't see - like posts hidden in grass and stuff.
Front arm rest gives you a bit of extra storage and I quite like it with the S-tronic box though some complain it makes using the handbrake awkward - not given me any trouble though.
Make sure you don't pay twice for light and rain sensors - they come with Climate I think so no need to list separately.

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys, Thanks for the Advice !

Well I have Decided to go for the Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Sport

Finished in: Glacier White

Extra's:

17" 5 Spoke Bi-Colour Alloy Wheels
Xenon Lights Inc LED DRL and Interior LED Light Pack, Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
Heated & Folding Wing Mirrors
Rear Parking Sensors
Climate Control Inc Rain & Light Sensors, Sunband
Hill Hold Assist
Tyre Pressure Monitor
DAB Radio
Audi Premium Sound System
Connectivity Pack
Front Arm Rest
Air Vent Sleeve Either White/Aluminium Look
Rear Floor Mats

I Managed to Grab an Amazing Discount of: £1,166 for A Factory Order (Above Spec - So they have done the Heated/Folding Mirrors, Glacier White Paint & Air Vent Sleeve for an Additional £150 over my Post Yesterday) ! I Have managed to arrange a Extended Test Drive for a full day for this Weekend, so providing all goes well i will be placing the Order.

On your opinions I could live without the following options:
*DAB Radio - Only went for this as I Though FM/AM Future Looked Bleak £305
*Audi Sound System - Is the Standard Audi System any Good on the Sport ? £255 Or is it Worth the Money
*Connectivity Pack - Interested in the Bluetooth Connectivity ? However can you confirm you get Bluetooth Connectivity Free already on the Sport ? Also can this be used for Phone Calls (Like a Parrot Car Kit) i.e. Call Home etc and it will do it ? Or do i need to Stick with the Connectivity Pack £305

Total to Spend: £865.00

In its Place as i am very Happy with the Price i can go for any of the following as Alternatives without Increasing the Cost:
Advanced Key - £300.00
Roof Contrast Line - What Colour would you recommend with the Glacier White ? £350.00 ? Not Sure its worth this but an Option
Audi Parking Plus: £200.00 (Due to Already having Rear Parking Sensors)

Or I could Have the Milano Red/Black Leather Interior at an Additional £360.00 After Swapping the Above 3 Mentioned Items.

Any Advice on Which of the Above Options to Lose and What to take in its Place from the Above ?

Thanks for the Advice about the PCP !

Help would be Greatly Appreciated !

Thanks Again :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
As you say, that's an amazing discount - is it a factory order that's already been made, that the dealer is able to amend?

DAB radio: do you need/want the extra stations? According to recent press, FM isn't going to bite the dust any time soon.
Audi Sound System: very highly recommended, although I haven't heard the standard system. Definitely worth the cost IMO.
Connectivity pack: can't really help, although I believe the Bluetooth connection comes as standard so perhaps you don't need it. You'd have the ability to upgrade to the SD satnav if you wanted, and would get an extra SD slot.

Audi Parking Plus: well, it's cool to get the graphic on the MMI display. I've got it because I'm used to having sensors front and rear and find it's really helpful with those invisible low nasties that can cause damage :lol:

Advanced Key: again, it's cool but do you need it? I've got it because it's incredibly helpful if I've got an armful of dog to get into the boot. (He's too little to jump up and I wouldn't risk scratching the bumper anyway :roll: )

Leather: nice to have, looks great, but heated seats are a help in winter!

You've chosen a nice spec :)

·
Registered
921 Posts
Bluetooth Connectivity and voice control (inc. phone) are standard on Sport

Roof contrast with Glacier White, if you decide to go for it should be Daytona Grey in my opinion

·
Registered
619 Posts
I only took a quick read but:

A 4 year PCP deal won't be much better than a 3 year one... mainly because the resale value will go down!

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, No its a Brand New Factory Order 8-12 Weeks to get the Car. Definitely not one in the System As i have shopped around 5 Branches within the Same Group and asked if they can get a Car any Sooner i.e. One in the System but no such luck. I Must have phoned 20+ Dealers but got a Big Fat ZERO Discount with them, But being a Salesman myself i continued and it has paid dividends. Maybe the Biggest Discount for a Factory Order A1 ?

I Think, I Will stick with the Audi Sound System after good reviews on here ! So i have £610.00 to spend on any combination of the following goodies:
1).Roof Contrast Line: (£350)
2).DAB (£305)- Do i really need it ? Probably not, Mainly wanted it as i thought AM/FM Was on its way out so wanted to ensure the car was Prepared if this happened in my ownership.
3). Advanced Parking Plus (+£200 on top of Existing Parking Sensor Package) - Would be good but Rear Parking Sensors would be Fine, as they have served me well so far on all my previous vehicles. Dont think i would need Front Sensors but Visual Display would be Great.
4). Advanced Key: (£300). Do i need it ? Nope, Want it Yes it just seems a cool Gadget to have and like the idea of a Push Button to Start/Stop the Car ! Dont really know much else about how this works, Security Concerns/Benefits and Sounds Odd but any Pictures of this Advanced Key ?
5). I Have the '5 Arm' Bi-Colour Alloy Wheels Selected at Present. Would you Keep these or go for the '5 V-Spoke' Bi-Colour Alloy Wheels ? (+£100)

I Think Leather Interior is out of the Running, As i would have to have Heated Seats and its going to add quite a lot more on to the Cost. As is the Connectivity Pack, not many people can Justify it the only good point was the Ability to add Sat Nav at a Later Date. But i have a Perfectly Good Garmin Unit !

Any Suggestions on what to Select from the Above ?

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, Thanks for the Advice. I Will most likely keep the car for 18-24 Months, so i cant justify the Additional Cost for the Leather Seats & Heated Seating unless i can drive the dealer down some more on the cost.

Any Suggestion on which of the options to go for out of my 1-5 from my Previous Post. Need Some Advice !

Thanks

·
Registered
354 Posts
Get the contrast line, the A1 looks so much nicer with it. (This is almost a marmite item for the A1 owners by the way)

But dont believe me, listen to the designer

Badly overdubbed in English, but sadly my German isnt that great. But its designd to include the contrast line as a choice, some colours suit the contrast more than others, and if you can really stretch the budget some examples of the contrast line with the sun roof look the dogs

·
Registered
921 Posts
The vote that was on here some time ago was negative towards the contrast line.
It suits some colours but not others - some look like a Citroen Pluriel

G

·
Chelmersteve said:
The vote that was on here some time ago was negative towards the contrast line.
It suits some colours but not others - some look like a Citroen Pluriel
Agree, just another way to get you to spend money. A1 looks mean without it.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
I like it with or without... Although i would rather keep £350 in my pocket! ;)

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im So Indecisive ... Love The Glacier White A1 Found Here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4198

On the Other Hand it is £350 for a Bit of Paint and Yeah it is Better in my Pocket ! I Have Moved on From the Technology Pack as it doenst seem to have got many fans, who can Justify the cost for what it offers. I have also decided against the DAB Radio as it Seems FM/AM Will be Around for a While Longer, I Hope !

So i have £610.00 to Spend, Out of the Following what would you Purchase ?
2). Advanced Parking Plus (+£200 on top of Existing Parking Sensor Package)
3). Advanced Key: (£300). Dont really know much else about This Apart from you can Keep this Key in your Pocket and use a Stop/Start Button. Can Anyone Explain Fully how This works, ! Dont really know much else about how this works, Security Concerns/Benefits and Sounds Odd but any Pictures of this Advanced Key ? As Some People have Described it as Being 'Bulky' etc ?
4). DAB Radio (£305.00) - Large Choice of Radio Stations, Other Info; Artist etc

Pleaseeeeee Help. Btw Any Pictures of some Glacier White A1's Other than the One Above ?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
MM087 said:
Im So Indecisive ... Love The Glacier White A1 Found Here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4198

On the Other Hand it is £350 for a Bit of Paint and Yeah it is Better in my Pocket ! I Have Moved on From the Technology Pack as it doenst seem to have got many fans, who can Justify the cost for what it offers. I have also decided against the DAB Radio as it Seems FM/AM Will be Around for a While Longer, I Hope !

2). Advanced Parking Plus (+£200 on top of Existing Parking Sensor Package)
3). Advanced Key: (£300). Dont really know much else about This Apart from you can Keep this Key in your Pocket and use a Stop/Start Button. Can Anyone Explain Fully how This works, ! Dont really know much else about how this works, Security Concerns/Benefits and Sounds Odd but any Pictures of this Advanced Key ? As Some People have Described it as Being 'Bulky' etc ?
4). DAB Radio (£305.00) - Large Choice of Radio Stations, Other Info; Artist etc

Pleaseeeeee Help. Btw Any Pictures of some Glacier White A1's Other than the One Above ?

Thanks
1).Roof Contrast Line: (£350) - NO
2). Advanced Parking Plus (+£200 on top of Existing Parking Sensor Package) - YES
3). Advanced Key: (£300). Dont really know much else about This Apart from you can Keep this Key in your Pocket and use a Stop/Start Button. Can Anyone Explain Fully how This works, ! Dont really know much else about how this works, Security Concerns/Benefits and Sounds Odd but any Pictures of this Advanced Key ? As Some People have Described it as Being 'Bulky' etc ? - YES
4). DAB Radio (£305.00) - Large Choice of Radio Stations, Other Info; Artist etc - NO

Look in my Gallery for Glacier pics!

·
Registered
354 Posts
1).Roof Contrast Line: (£350) - Yes, personal choice, if you like it buy it. Its not worth it, but paint rarely is.
2). Advanced Parking Plus (+£200 on top of Existing Parking Sensor Package) - No, the car is too small. Although I miss it from having it on my last car. The picture alone used to make me smile.
3). Advanced Key: (£300). Dont really know much else about This Apart from you can Keep this Key in your Pocket and use a Stop/Start Button. Can Anyone Explain Fully how This works, ! Dont really know much else about how this works, Security Concerns/Benefits and Sounds Odd but any Pictures of this Advanced Key ? As Some People have Described it as Being 'Bulky' etc ? - YES, although a complete waste of money and a bit of an indulgence. I wish I had bought it
4). DAB Radio (£305.00) - Large Choice of Radio Stations, Other Info; Artist etc - NO, not since AM/FM has been given an extension

Just to note you should look at car mats check outhttp://www.a1-forum.co.uk/a1forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4003&hilit=rear+mats

Dont forget Gap and service plan. I know the problem, it starrts to gt more and more expensive. We all had to stop somewhere on the options list

·
Registered
138 Posts
Mo beat me but I'd have typed the same recommendations :cool:

The key that comes with the keyless entry looks identical to the normal key. The advantage is that you can keep it somewhere about your person (it needs to be no more than 1.5 metres from the car) while just opening the driver's door or the boot. If you want to, you can use it just like the normal key and press the buttons for unlocking the car, opening the boot, etc. The gadgetry is cool and pressing the button to switch the ignition on/off is surprisingly easy to get used to :lol: I've got at least one pic that shows the button on the dashboard but so far have only got as far as importing the photos I took on to the computer. Will try to get some in my gallery tomorrow, although it depends on whether I need to be out for most of the day or just a couple of hours.

If you like cool and gadgetry the Tech pack takes some beating! I know it's silly money but I love it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts