Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exciting news!!!

I have arranged for us to be the first to get an A1 for a private showing!

I have borrowed a car for teh whole day, before the cars commence their dealer tour later in the month.

On the 2nd August we will have a Amalfi white A1 with Daytona grey contrast line and wasabi green tornado cloth.

If you would like to come along and see it, touch it, experience it, simply PM/e-mail me and I'll make sure you get some special attention when you're here!

I'll take lots of pictures!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I will be seeing an A1 at the dealer I am getting it from on the 3rd Aug but, as I am not sure what colour their one will be, I will be grateful if you could tell me how nice the white is, whether it is a creamy white or an ice bright white?

I wanted to order it in white, but Amalfi in the brochure looks too cream for my taste, so I will be interested to "see" how it looks and hear from someone who has seen the white first hand! :)

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Amalfi is most definately WHITE. Ive seen it, sat in it, but nit driven it.

For me, its the colour to have!

Cheers

Jae

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jae said:
Amalfi is most definately WHITE. Ive seen it, sat in it, but nit driven it.

For me, its the colour to have!

Cheers

Jae
I agree it is a proper white and definitely the colour to have. The car I am having is the same one that was at Goodwood

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ok, I've seen the car and it was the same one that was at Poole Audi, therefore it was white!!

I'm afraid tho, that it is very definitely a creamy white and so I am glad that I have ordered a black one! :) I'm not saying that it looks horrible, it doesn't, it looks great and it does come out as white in pics but.... close up, it's too creamy for my personal taste ;)

That being said... I LOVE IT and I can't wait till November!!! :D :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can anyone help!!??

I've ordered my S-Line A1 in Amalfi White and really can't decide if this the right choice? I am worried about just how creamy the white is as I know it is not brilliant white. Also won't get a chance to see it whilst its doing the tours :cry:
What I don't want is it to be as creamy as the mini beige.

The other option would be the black or blue if I could change the order.

So excited though and can't wait!!!

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Mark,

Trust me when I say its NOT as creamy as it seems. This is more reprosentative of the car that I have seen and sat in.

Cheers

Jae

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi mark,
I think you really need to see the car for yourself as everybody has different eyes and different tastes! I personally will have a white one - just holding back now until the competition decals are released.

If you speak to your local dealer they should now have their 'presenter packs'. These have proper painted colour swatch and even examples of the wasabi interior. I would offer to send you mine, but we cannot get replacements :-( and so they have to stay on site.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mark, don't worry, it is NOT at ALL as creamy as the mini beige, it's just a tad creamier than I like, as I like the ibis white.

Saying that, if I had ordered an S-line, I would've prob gone for the white butI don't feel that the Sport would pull it off quite as well.... as Chris said, personal preferance!

Look at the pic I have added from last week and compare the A1 colour to the box beside it and the number plate. You will see that it's only about 1 shade different. Hope this helps!

A1.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
As a reference for the white, take a look at the sold coloured White Fiat 500. That is pretty much bang on as a reference in the flesh.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
This is the A1 at Audi AG in Ingolstadt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
And this is the interior

Attachments

·
Premium Member
637 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not liking that interior one bit that mustard come yellow is to garish. To be honest I don't think those air vents work when colour coordinated what ever colour. I will stick to my White with black int

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks everyone you've all been great. Off to see one in Red in a couple of weeks so really looking forward to having a nose around it :)

Is it Novemeber yet!!!!!???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jae
Just seen the other pics, wow that interior is brave! Not for me, I think it'd give me a headache all day. Great snaps though, is the model a Sport?

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
In Germany we have a different model range.

Attraction - SE
Ambition - Sport

You can then put S-Line on top.

I believe that was the Sport.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Word on the street is that 90% of the cars going through the factory at the moment are white :shock: Not sure what it'll do to resale values in the next 2-3 years :?:

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I'll find out the figures next week, somehow ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts