• Although I got the ASS, I wish I'd got the Bose

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • I got the Bose and a week in Tenerife would have been better value

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • What's a sound system?

Votes: 2 1.9%

Poll - Which sound system

9K views 51 replies 25 participants last post by  Bartlett88 
im a huge fan of bose, i cant recommend the companion series speakers for home entertainment any more... i had bose in my a6 and it was great, but that was a £35,000 car and the bose was a £500 upgrade, i'm sorry but £700 is a joke for bose in a £19,000 car especially when the standard system is great...

i think there are quite a lot of haters out there who have bought the bose and are trying to justify there purchase... like the chap above who describes the standard system as crap... my friend you need to get your ears tested

hilly10 said:
jollyretard said:
im a huge fan of bose, i cant recommend the companion series speakers for home entertainment any more... i had bose in my a6 and it was great, but that was a £35,000 car and the bose was a £500 upgrade, i'm sorry but £700 is a joke for bose in a £19,000 car especially when the standard system is great...

i think there are quite a lot of haters out there who have bought the bose and are trying to justify there purchase... like the chap above who describes the standard system as crap... my friend you need to get your ears tested
My Friend I do not need to get my ears tested. As I said IMHO I know the Bose is much better than the STD audi offering. My HI FI at home bears testament to my wants when listening to my music and the std audi anit it. It does not even cut it. Now anybody who thinks different is tone deaf. I defy you to convince me that the std stereo is even in the same league. Now I can understand people not choosing the Bose because to them music in the car is not so important. I had B&O in my £40K A5 which was the dogs dangglers and so much better then Bose. I think I know what I am talking about when it comes to music reproduction on the go.
you've completely missed my point and gone off on one... not once did i say that the standard stereo is in the same league as the bose, HOWEVER... we are not talking about 40k executive saloon/coupes, we're talking about 13k+ superminis, so for you to turn around and say the standard is crap, i think you need to wake up and smell the coffee... have you ever been in a polo/mito/ds3 to compare stereo's? your trying to compare a 13k supermini to a 40k a5... get real

richieshore said:
It's irrelevant what you compare it to, the standard stereo in the A1 IS crap. It doesn't make it better just because a fiesta's is worse.
what a stupid comment to make... so you expect a 13k car to have some sort of wonder stereo???????????

listen guys i have better things to do with my life than to argue over this with you lot... let me just put an end to it,

audi are not miracle workers, if they produce a 13k car they will put a stereo which is adequate for a 13k car in it, actually compared to other 13k cars the a1 stereo wins hands down and you would know this if you bothered to listen to the other stereos... If your used to higher priced cars, such as a 40k a5, then of course it will have a better stereo fitted hence why the option of bose is there for people who want it, which is fantastic but personally i would prefer to choose a sat nav over bose... as the chap above said, each to their own, so we'll leave it at that...

but please dont go around calling it crap, thats like me turning around and stating that your a1's performance is crap because it would get shit on by my old a6, oh whats that... not a fair comparison? my point exactly, its not a crap stereo for the money, stop expecting too much from a 13k car... end of the day no one wants their pride and joy to be called crap.

richieshore said:
perhaps the A1's stereo is good compared to other crap cars and maybe it's good for a 13k car however being better than something incredibly shocking doesn't make it good. It is still crap.
ok well in that case... the performance of the a1 is crap... doesnt matter if it is faster than other cars in this price range, it is still crap... the standard equipment is crap, why is there no tv as standard? doesnt matter if other cars this price point dont have a tv, it is still crap it doesn't. sound familiar? stop expecting way beyond what a 13k car has to offer

oh and plenty of people only spent 13k on there a1, maybe not on this forum but im yet to see a single s-line in the 11,000 miles ive done since november, however i have seen about 30 se's and around 2 sports, so the statement that nobody actually buys the car for 13k IS CRAP

look mate, i do get your point haha... as you said, we'll leave it at - each to their own... im happy, your happy - well... maybe when you get the bose retrofitted!, its all good :D

Mojito said:
I dont want to start pulling panels off and going all chavvy on my A1
:lol:

btw i know this is somewhat going back on what i have been preaching but i just wanted to make this clear - the standard system playing the radio is absolutely awful... there are no two ways about it, however with my iphone docked in; playing music from that, it is good... not sure why there is such a huge difference but there is.

oh and Majito, i wouldn't have opted for a sat nav if i wasn't doing high mileage, ive done 11k since November, so having the satnav give me constant traffic diversions in rush hour pays for its self in the amount of time i save when driving... also its handy not having to build the sat nav every time you want to use it :D

Mojito said:
TBH, i have not checked the radio or CD player, haha... SD card and iPhone streaming sound OK.

Yeah, i suppose in your case SatNav is a worthy option... Although it only takes me one press of the Co-Pilot App to get me up and running, then plug in my charger cable that is always in the car! :D

I mainly do local short distances, so i dont use SatNav that often!
how much is the co-pilot app just for reference? because my sister is looking for a sat nav, but this might be a better solution

MDPlatts said:
I paid £49 for Europe edition - I think the UK version was £29 at the time - I think its come down now - and you can get 10% Quidco cashback on iTunes last time I bought anything big.
my goodness thats cheap! and honestly, would you recommend it? - i know there is a TomTom app for the iphone, but its nearly as expensive as a TomTom satnav unit!

Bartlett88 said:
Anythings gotta to be better then a tomtom driving rand london...thing goes beserk half the time an puts me on the wrong side of the road or in the completely wrong area!
:lol:

cheers Mojito... will defo recommend it to my sister!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.