Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, im starting to have a good think about which model and extras im hopefully going to get next year ..
A couple of questions to start with.. sorry if the questions have been asked before...

Does anyone have the armrest ? if so do you find it gets in the way of your elbow when you apply the hand brake ?
Also does it open up as extra storage ?

Does anyone have the privacy glass £400 ?. All im thinking is it worth getting it done cheeper later on. ive never had this on a car before.

thank you

·
Registered
442 Posts
Id like the arm rest , be nice to have if ever do any traveling on the motorway ha ha . But my mind as gone blank as to what the cost was.

However I did notice on ebay a armrest for £20!! ( cheap copy ) I assume? just dont know how easy to fit ha ha

Ive oredered the privacy glass on the basic it was on my mini and it did look nice , and it was clear to look out of from the inside as if it was just clear glass. I know you can buy after market but i just dont think it would be the same ( however will admit it depends on what you are willing to spend , but if its too espense ? is just worth adding the option on the bill

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive just today recieved the a1 brochure and if ive understood corectly the armrest is £125.which i dont think is too bad.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the armrest on my 1.4 S-line ,it does open for storage ,£120,also having tints done rear,quarters,pass,drivers door,these will be 35% ,legal,£140. :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And does the armrest slide back into the rear seat well out of way,or does it lift.?
Is it intrusive when you apply the handbrake ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
yorky40 said:
And does the armrest slide back into the rear seat well out of way,or does it lift.?
it lifts, and i don't find it intrusive for the handbrake you can set it at different heights depending on you arm length so it shouldn't be :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
acrogenesis said:
yorky40 said:
it lifts, and i don't find it intrusive for the handbrake you can set it at different heights depending on you arm length so it shouldn't be :)
You can? how?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Only two options I wished I had would be heated seats and the heated mirrors, other than that I am happy with mine :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
hm1975 said:
Only two options I wished I had would be heated seats and the heated mirrors, other than that I am happy with mine :)
Could these be retrofitted by your dealer? My TDI S Line has been built and I am waiting to collect from dealer on 4th Jan, I am currently driving a borrowed vw bora with heated seats until I collect mine and I have come to like the heated seats and I am also thinking I wish I had spec'd this option on my A1.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I also wished I had bought the heated seats option. Luckily, my car is being replaced next year as it is a factory mis-build, so I have added heated seats onto the new order.

·
Registered
179 Posts
lee3482 said:
hm1975 said:
Could these be retrofitted by your dealer? My TDI S Line has been built and I am waiting to collect from dealer on 4th Jan, I am currently driving a borrowed vw bora with heated seats until I collect mine and I have come to like the heated seats and I am also thinking I wish I had spec'd this option on my A1.
I think it would be too costly to get these two options added, I can live without them the Electronic Climate Control warms up quick enough so it's not that bad.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Lady_SadlyBroke said:
I also wished I had bought the heated seats option. Luckily, my car is being replaced next year as it is a factory mis-build, so I have added heated seats onto the new order.
Yeah I know a couple of people have had there cars built wrong and options missing, I hope audi do the opposite and add extra options to mine by mistake, ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi
I have had the privacy glass at a cost of £250 and it looks great! go for it, :lol:

·
Registered
537 Posts
spen said:
Hi
I have had the privacy glass at a cost of £250 and it looks great! go for it, :lol:
Have you got anymore pics of your car yet outside a showroom., that would be similar to what i would like to have.

Cheers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts