Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Audi A1 S line TDI

Arrived at the dealership at 10.30am, they had my car roped off with a black cover over it plus 3 other cars with white covers over, after breakfast there was a speech given on the A1 by the dealer principle, then after the obligatory paperwork and the small matter of handing over £21,135! i drove her home, about 15 miles.

A great little car, feels much bigger than it is, the stop start takes some getting used to! firm ride ( not as firm as my r8 but the 18" wheels on the A1 don't help the ride ) good steering feel ( i was concerned over this due to the first drive press reports ) quality of finish is the same as the R8, first class.

When i arrived home the Wife and kids came running out, they think it's much nicer than my R8, not sure if i could agree totally with that! My Wife jumped in the car and drove off while i was looking the other way, the picture below is her speeding of, and without insurance cover I might add.

Off to Manchester today with the family ( about 90 miles each way ) so will get a better impression

Great little daily run around which according to the manual has a mid 80 mpg ability, getting it chipped next week so that will no doubt go out of the window but the extra 30 bhp will be appreciated as it's not very quick, all in all a great little car that i can see will be fought over for daily use.

gallery/album.php?album_id=17

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow congrats mate! Have to agree with you about the r8 :)

Maybe I'll have an r8 other than in my dreams

Get my a1 in late feb. O the wait :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the nice comments guys, off to Manchester now and i have never seen the kids so excited! ( 7 & 9 years old )

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Any chance of interior shot? We all want to see the seats and the steering wheel (does it have the S Line emblem on the bottom?)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Why they've not gone for the flat-bottom steering wheel too annoys me.

Glad I ordered the 18's wheels - they look great - if harsher on the rump/teeth.

I'm in Central Manchester - but just off Deansgate - so I doubt you will be driving past my bedroom window whilst I'm working on my PC - unless your one of the ones in the hunt for some parking near the Opera house.

Coming in for lunch or to do the german/french/dutch xmas markets ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Please post a shot of the S-Line Seats!! I'm dying to see what they look like

·
Registered
219 Posts
I can confirm that the S-line cars have the S-line logo inside the bottom spoke of the steering wheel. No, I didn't get to keep the cover; that was just for the unveiling bit!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry guys, been enjoying the car so much! yes i got to keep the cover although i may not ever use it, had them before and you just dont bother, i will take some pics of the interior tomorrow, i also got a free 5 year service package which my dealer says should have been £250, roll on Lake district Audi, brilliant!

·
Registered
70 Posts
aww your car looks amazing great pic's,ave ordered the same car and colour and very pleased i did now after seeing your pic's,i pick mine up in friday canni wait :)
HAPPY DRIVING!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts