Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOR SALE:

PIAA Extreme White Plus (4000K) H11 bulbs to replace 'yellowish' standard fog bulbs.

These are probably the best/brightest standard H11 repacement bulbs on the market giving a nice white/blue light , are a straight swap, completely road legal and give no bulb error warnings. I bought them for over £60.00 but decided to then experiment with LEDs and resistors-which i have now. If you don't want to mess around with your wiring fitting LEDs then these are for you:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIAA-H11-XTRE ... 45fa2af06c

Will accept £30.00 delivered to your door.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Stephen... Did those resistors work?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mojito - yes mate, they work fine.

Coupled them up(very easy/good quality fit/no re-wiring/no cutting into loom) with CREE Q5 LED fog bulbs and they dont show error message. Only downside, as you mentioned is that resistors get very hot, but managed to mount resistors on metal mounting for bumper with double sided tape,(Mmm.... time will tell, fingers crossed). If they drop off then may need a re-think. I wanted the 'look' mainly for the unlocking/coming home feature (ie not on for long, so wont get too hot) rather than (illegally) driving around with fogs on - i figure if i need the fogs on on that dark foggy february night, then it will probably be well below zero degrees outside so that and airflow will keep the resistors cool!!

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Great news!

I will order some now!... I will, probably try and cable tie the resistors to something suitable that will not go up in flames! Haha.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
I will also only use them for coming/leaving home use!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts