Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be having problems with my petrol flap, it just wont stay shut, then I press it too hard and it won't open, anyone elso having the same problem?? :(

·
Registered
220 Posts
karenm said:
I seem to be having problems with my petrol flap, it just wont stay shut, then I press it too hard and it won't open, anyone elso having the same problem?? :(
Sorry all ok here!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Speak to your local dealer we have had a few petrol cap problems with the A3's

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking of popping in over the weekend, had the same type of catch on my fiesta and never had a problem.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The one on my A3 is a little sticky when the temperature is close to zero - I have to get fingernails underneath to pull it open - but its fine once the sun warms it up.

·
Registered
142 Posts
MDPlatts said:
The one on my A3 is a little sticky when the temperature is close to zero - I have to get fingernails underneath to pull it open - but its fine once the sun warms it up.
Do you meen the flap that hides the fuel cap..as on my a3 you press the flap and it then pops open,and screw the filler cap off..

·
Registered
274 Posts
yorky40 said:
MDPlatts said:
Do you meen the flap that hides the fuel cap..as on my a3 you press the flap and it then pops open,and screw the filler cap off..
Yes, the push/pop-open flap - you push it and it doesnt spring open - have to get nails under it - filler cap is ok, but once warmed up the push/pop flap is fine. I'm presuming the A1 is similar and hence the problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.