Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to fill up with petrol the other day and my petrol flap would not open and when I pressed it for the second time it stuck in where I had pushed it, I phoned Audi for help and they said to pull the emergency red pull in the boot which made no difference so they then said to force the flap open with a credit card type plastic card at 12 o'clock on the flap , I did this and it worked and the car is going to Audi on Tuesday anyway to get other issues dealt with so this one is now added to the ever growing list. So I thought I better let you all know what to do if you come across this problem so you don't panic like I did and think you'd have to push the car home. I was wondering has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
512 Posts
I believe there is another thread on this issue. Your not the first am afraid.

Do a quick search to find the thread.

Andrew

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldn't find anything on this topic at all, any ideas what to search for as the obvious brings me up nothing. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Flap brings nothing up either but after having another go I discovered the info I was looking for in the "Forum" which as a novice I didn't realise I had to go into to search as I had done it in New Users and nothing came up.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I had to press mine a few times to get it to stay closed,let your dealer sort it ,may be a problem with the design.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Tim

The petrol flap was fixed by Audi who knew right away what the problem was, unfortunately when I got my car back from them the parking sensors no longer work and flat line every time I put it in reverse so its going back in on the 21st March for them to have a look at them, I hadn't had any problems with them before. Also car booked in on the the 29th April to get the faulty horn replaced and also the windscreen replaced as badly scratched, I'm really pretty annoyed with Audi as the car cost a lot of money and its never out of the garage with stupid problems and to make matters worse I live on an Island and the continual costs involved in my trips to Audi are starting to mount up. Something I have noticed is that when it gets booked in they say "we will have a look at it and get the parts ordered in", making it two round trips for every issue and with any other garage I've ever dealt with I would book the car in and get it back the same day fixed I've never had to book another appointment to then get the repair done, so I'm not particularly pleased with the car/service so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.