Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paid my deposit for my a1. Question is do I fund it by Pcp or hp?

Anyone in the know, what's the best way to go? Deposit on £6.5k and payments of £300 is my aim. I know that on pcp there will be a lump sum at the end.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
How long do you intend to keep the car?

PCP is ideal if you want a new car in 2-3 years

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
I think the PCP deal is the better option... Something like 7% interest.

I went for the PCP, as i like changing cars every two years or so.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Unless you've ordered a lot of extras that should be easily achievable Andy. What kind of mileage do you do? I'm only on 8k, but 10k was about £3 a month more. Though I'm assured that the mileage is irrelevant if you are buying at the end anyway.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
weirdly when I gave my Seat Ibiza back on PCP to VW finance they said they weren't bothered about the mileage! I was well over the limit!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its going to be used as a driving school car, so approx 30k miles pa. Will prob be kept 3years or so, a low "final sum" pay it off, then start again!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
taconite2 said:
weirdly when I gave my Seat Ibiza back on PCP to VW finance they said they weren't bothered about the mileage! I was well over the limit!
I reckon your car's value must have been safely above the PCP's balloon payment so they weren't bothered about charging for the excess milage. If the value was at, or below the balloon payment I'm sure they would have charged you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.