Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just my 2p worth.

I have the dreaded rattle as well, initial find was the mechanism that OP found - managed to squeeze a thin strip of self-adhesive felt.

2nd rattle is the metal bar than runs underneath the seat from left to right. There are 2 bars, one that loops up and then back down, and one that seems to be straight across - the 2nd one had quite a bit of play, which me and my mate checked over and over, and the only real way to fix it will be to take the whole seat out and adjust with proper nylon washers - something I have spoken to my $tealers about (will post an update when I get forward with this).

3rd is also what has been posted - the passenger side seatbelt mechanism rubbing/hitting the plastic trim - again, all it needs is a strip of self-adhesive felt and that should quieten it.

What I find disappointing is that such a high quality make like Audi can make such elementary mistakes ! :oops:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've taken mine back to the $tealers and the technician could see the problem when I just wiggled the seat with my fingers ! He said it should not be like that. I mentioned it might be a case of the seat being taken out and adjusted/fitted more snugly with some nylon washers.

He mentioned a little bit of play is there from factory on most cars he has seen so far. He also said they have seen silly things like coins managing to wedge into the mechanism and causing problems (don't know how, but OK, at least he was being honest).

But he agreed the whole seat will have to be taken out and taken apart - so 2 days of work. Just waiting for them to sort out a suitable date for booking the car in to get this done - probably sometime next week at the earliest. Will post up the results.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got the car back late Friday evening from the $tealers - they have changed the seat base.

After driving for the last couple of days, judgement so far is that it seems to have cured the rattle. What they have also done is stuck soft felt between the seatbelt holder bit and the seat, which is what I had discussed with the technician.

Will monitor over the next few weeks just to be certain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts