Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Well, my S-line has developed the infamous passenger seat rattle as well .. ah well. However, i think i've tracked it down to what is causing it. The catch that flips the seat forward pulls various springs etc to release a catch that hooks onto a small horizontal pivot. The catch is attached to the folding (upright) part of the seat and is the part the moves when the handle is pulled. It is found behind and just underneath the passenger seat belt lock. Its this pivoting plate that rattles. It has quite a loose fit, but when you have a passenger it butts it right up to the horizontal bar and wedges it still. Its easy to see when the seat is folded forward, as it has a spring attached, and in my case has white paint marks, obviously applied to aid in the installation. Now, has anyone had any success with their dealers to fix this, or any ideas how to stop the excessive play?
Heres a pic:

Regards
Chris

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Think i've found a fix! :D

Nice and simple too. make sure the seat properly clicks back in place after you fold the back .. well... back . Also a quick waggle of the release handle makes sure of this. I'm hoping it eases up a bit as time progresses. I think it may be just to the stiffness of everything as its new... :?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found another rattle :)

its the passenger seatbelt clip socket thingy dooda (with the red button)

One side has a felt soundproofer, but isnt anywhere near something it may hit. However, the face that faces inwards towards the seat doesnt have this, and hits the plastic trim....

Chris Ryu.. anyway of getting the felt sticker to stick onto the other side??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts