Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a couple of weeks but I've finally managed a discount, not massive but around £815.

This discount includes £399 for paint protection.

I've ordered brilliant black, gloss (A2) paint - a standard colour.

What's everyones view on this? Is paint protection required? I'd be mindful to use this to either add another option or pocket the £399!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess it's also worth asking the question:

Is there a noticable difference between brilliant black & phantom black?

Does phantom black require paint protection? He seemed to indicate as it was "brilliant black" it'd require paint protection... but surely it all requires it..

Of course I have the option of doing it myself as well.

·
Registered
354 Posts
If you have negotiated then changing the spec will certainly change the figure. Espeically any paint protection as this isnt something controlled by Audi. Rather its a dealer add on.

Paint protection is a personal choice, I like it even though its not great value. Depends a little on if you have other options near by. Many people would say get it professionally detailed and protected by a detailing company.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you have it detailed by someone who dedicates themselves to preparing cars they spend a good few hours cleaning and protecting the car, wheels and interior (like this post here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4338) you'll pay about £170 for the privilege of getting someone do that for you. If it is Diamond bright or the such like from the dealer it will be done a lot quicker and the results will not last as long (so I read on the web).

In the end I had the car protection products from the dealer but paid £170 for a car detail company to do the proper job and it looked amazing. Until it rained again :lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Waste of money imo, all there using is a good paint sealant, you can buy yourself for around £40-£60 or even a good wax which would be better, give a deeper shine and watter will bead off much nicer. The dealers realy are stealers when it comes to this and are makink a good if not more 200% mark up and thats fact! Save ur money, pro detailer or do it urself, if audi can do it so can you!

·
Registered
113 Posts
As a car detailer, I'll tell you it's a huge con. I would never recommend for anyone to have this 'Supagaurd' or other similar treatments for your car. Find someone in your area who's a known, insured and good professional valeter and ask if they do New Car Prep. It should be something that they offer.
If you want any advice on what to use, just PM me and i'll tell you all you want to know.
I'd rather see someone come away better off and have the knowledge of how to wash, prepare and protect a car properly! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts