Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you believe it, had the car a few weeks, been to Tesco, parked outside and unloaded ( we are on a main road),
A car driving along had it's front wheel come off, it lost control, hit outs first and then three other cars, ended up rolled in middle of the road.
The driver walked away ok, and no one was injured.

Looking at the car, the rear offside wheel took all the initial impact and the wheel is at about a 20 degree angle.
Whole drivers side is damaged, the door has been knocked into the bonnet and the bonnet all damaged as well.

From experience, I would say that it will be a write off, will have to wait and see for sure, as it's the weekend no hire car until Monday either :cry:

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is really bad luck.

I guess if it is a write off the insurance company gives you the value that you paid for the car?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I am sure it will all work in your favour in the end, good to know that no one was hurt.

·
Registered
115 Posts
NTT said:
Sorry to hear that, I am sure it will all work in your favour in the end, good to know that no one was hurt.
+1

Glad nobody got hurt, and let's hope your not out of pocket!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Lack of injuries is the main thing, after that commiserations on your loss

Hope you get it sorted quickly and to your satisfaction

·
Registered
354 Posts
Bad news on the car but at least no one injured.
Sounds like it needs to be written off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What a bummer. Check your policy. Quite a few insurers will replace your car with a brand new one during the first 12 months from new if the damage comes to 50% or more of the value of your present vehicle (if you have no separate GAP cover to call on). Mind you that means waiting a long time for another one from the factory! Fortunate that the other guy walked away unharmed.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
NOOooooo, not the Glacier White A1? :(

I hope you get everything sorted asap along with a replacement A1.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah not got gap yet as we have new for old on insurance in first year so that should be ok but will be a long wait for the new glacier, will put some pics up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts