Audi A1 Forum banner

Ordered today!!! (A1 Sport 1.4 TFSI S-Tronic)

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  swindona1 
#1 ·
Hi everyone

Just wanted to stop by, and join the world of other A1 fans!

Placed my order today with my local dealership in Swindon, hopefully due for delivery in March 2011:-

A1 Sport 1.4 TFSI S Tronic
Amalfi White with Daytona Grey roof contrast line
CP2 5 spoke 17" alloys
Media Style package and Titanium Grey / Black interior
Comfort Pack
Climate Control
Advanced Park Assist
Advanced Key (Start/Stop button)
5 year service package

My local dealer had a whole range of models and colours to see and try. I managed to test drive a 1.4 TSFI S Tronic Sport version in metallic Blue, and found it to be a fantastic car. Its road manners are more than fine on the wild roads of Wiltshire, and the quality of this thing is a level above and beyond my 2010 VW Polo DSG. The engine is brilliant, and feels more like a 1.8 in an A1's diminutive frame.

It took nearly 3 hours to order my car, all because of the level of interest being shown by Joe Public. All being well, my order should be on the Audi system by now, as my Dealer was a little concerned about how successful today's sales might have been!!!

Interestingly, I was told that there is a possible tempting upgrade coming soon - the Sport model (with a Media Style pack) has a Sat Nav "preparation' installed as standard in the Factory. My salesman believes that an SD card loaded with Maps will soon be available for about £300, and it will simply be case of slotting this in to upgrade to a fully fledged In-Car system. Apparently, Audi's idea is that it will cost no more than an equivalent TomTom system...

Anyway, I now face many months of over-eagerly thumbing through the brochure until he arrives...I'm sure the time will drag!!! Over to you, my Belgian car building friends. Brussels is such a lovely place...(does flattery help you get an A1 quicker???) :)

Happy to share any thoughts or answer any questions for the undecided, just drop me a line :)

See less See more
#3 ·
I was told you need the connectivity pack, and something about the dealer will sell an SD card with the maps which will enable SAT Nav, although from what the dealer informed me he didn't think that the level of SAT Nav is the same as the factory fitted SAT Nav as my dealer mentioned that Audi will be offering Google maps etc like the A8 has for people who have ordered the full SAT Nav Plus.

#4 ·
Just a heads up folks, There are cars in stock for immediate delivery at Stoke Audi

We ordered a 1.6 TDI today in the S Line trim, metallic black with 18" alloys, communication pack? Sound system and 5 years servicing, delivery next Saturday........... fantastic

Get in quickly they sold 5 this afternoon though they do seem to have quite a few left

Steve H

#5 ·
Thanks hm1975

I guess it's all still very much up in the air then, with slightly competing advice from our respective Dealers. Will wait and see what the story is in March.

However, I hope I get as lucky as bluemanc100 and have a slightly shorter wait!!!

#7 ·
Hi there!
Want to order my Sport 1.4 TFSI S tronic with a few options (e.g. automatic air condition and the Audi parking system plus :) ) on Tuesday after I had a spin in it.
The only thing that really annoys me and makes me think about getting one is, that it will be mid March until I would get mine... Need it a bit earlier really...
Is there a chance to go to another dealer to get it earlier?

#8 ·
My dealership were working on a March 2011 delivery basis for all orders taken on Saturday. The 2,000 UK orders for 2010 have already sold out, and Audi are only taking 18,000 orders for the whole of 2011 (designed to quickly build up a high value Used market for A1s)

Having said that, a few people on this Forum have mentioned some In Stock availability, in places such as Stoke.

Could be worth contacting Audi UK Head Office to see if they know what's in the UK and available right now? Just a thought!

#9 ·
Thank you. I might do, yes.
But looks like it is normal to get one that late if you order now. Hope it won't be June by the time I place my order.
Will do it on Tuesday after the test drive. :)
I read something about Audi stocking up their production so they can built more A1s. Who knows...?

#10 ·
I have to say: I DID IT TODAY!
Ordered my Sport 1.4 TFSI S-Tronic in Phantom Black Pearl, NO Roof Contrast Line
- The 17" x 7.5J 5-arm design bi-colour alloy wheels
- Connectivity Package
- Climate Control
- Front and Rear Parking Sensor (yes, I need it, so it looks great on the display :D)
- Open Sky Panoramic Sunroof
I had the Bose Sound System taken out, but I try to get it back in tomorrow. Who cares about the money :D

Hope the 17" wheels don't make the ride too rough, but should still be more comfy than a MIni, I think.

The delivery date could be end of January, but will now exactly tomorrow. But at least not March! :)

Oh: and I got the Lifeshine option. That protects the paint better against birdpoo and all that stuff and they "Scotchguard" your seats and stuff.
Did anybody else choose this Package?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.