Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New to the forum and about to put a order in for a new A1 for my misses. We quite like it in cream and have been advised to go for the sport by Audi. We will also go for the 1.6d engine.

What other options have people been happy with or wished they had ordered?

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
512 Posts
Welcome to the forums :)

For me I wished I'd ordered the tech pack, but it is a bit pricey so didn't. Also the xenons, but only didn't order them because the dealer advised They wouldn't add value to the car :(

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey good choice, only thing I regretted was not having sat nav, didn't see the need when I placed my order but then changed jobs so I travel less but when I do it's long distances. I had the connectivity pack though so got it activated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
On reflection a must if funds are available - upgrade to at least the Audi sound system or better still the Bose sound system. That is my only regret 

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Xenons/LEDs imo. May not add much value on resale, but should make the car easier to sell.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mojito said:
Xenons/LEDs imo. May not add much value on resale, but should make the car easier to sell.
Agreed, and you will also have better visibility at night !!!! :D :D

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
1.6 TDI Sport in Tobacco White with Xenon Plus and 5 yr service pack! :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
I couldn't live without comfort pack giving auto headlights, wipers and cruise control.

·
Registered
75 Posts
5 years service pack and xenons, thats what I'd go for dude.

Plus heated mirrors if you can stretch it, I forgot to order mine now it's too late :(

·
Registered
62 Posts
I really like the DRLs but am not fussed about xenons. I wish there had been an DRL only option, I couldn't justify an extra £1000 just to get them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
purplefeet said:
I really like the DRLs but am not fussed about xenons. I wish there had been an DRL only option, I couldn't justify an extra £1000 just to get them.
Sorry they are not quite £1K.

PX4 - Xenon Plus headlights. Includes LED daytime-running lights, rear LED lights, automatic headlight adjustment, dynamic range
control and headlight washers £765.00

·
Registered
62 Posts
spookuk said:
purplefeet said:

PX4 - Xenon Plus headlights. Includes LED daytime-running lights, rear LED lights, automatic headlight adjustment, dynamic range
Mrs PF's English class important lesson no. 2 (you paying attention at the back there mojito??)

Read everything before answering questions.

As you'll see from my sig, I have ordered a TDi Sport. As you'll see in the brochure, PX4 is only available for the S-Line. I need to get Pack XE1 - £1065.

Don't worry. No apology necessary.

PF.xx

·
Registered
67 Posts
My mistake , sorry !!
:lol:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Ask 10 people and you'll probably get 10 different answers

For me it was Xenons, connectivity pack and climate

Service pack is a no brainer

Also wanted Cruise, park sensors and armrest, but my car was already built so just working my way through the list

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
purplefeet said:
spookuk said:
purplefeet said:

Mrs PF's English class important lesson no. 2 (you paying attention at the back there mojito??)

Read everything before answering questions.

As you'll see from my sig, I have ordered a TDi Sport. As you'll see in the brochure, PX4 is only available for the S-Line. I need to get Pack XE1 - £1065.

Don't worry. No apology necessary.

PF.xx
Just to let you know on tapatalk (iphone app) you cant see sigs? Maybe mojitos using that?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
I don't use Tapatalk yet... I'm still deciding if i should drop £1.79p on it, haha.

Purple, yes i always pay attention to your posts! ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for your help guys, having the weekend to have a think it over. I think were going to pcp the finance and only do it for two years, there giving some pretty good deals at the moment, we can then swap it out after two years for something else or a new one. Bearing this in mind, I might keep the options down to ones which might hold some value and won't be too expensive.

Thanks again,
Chris

·
Registered
354 Posts
There are few opions which hold there value, get the options you will enjoy.

Also check the details with Audi on the PCP over two years. My personal preference has always been three years, allowing me more time with the car to justify buying it, and also I often trade in 2 1/2 years. Really with a two year deal you might need to shop for a new car in 21 Months years as a 3month waiting list isn't uncommon.

The options I would go for are Xenon lights as I didnt with my A5 and seeing most A5s with DRL and the question from everybody, "does it have the lights" started to bug me. They also look fantastic n the A1 and are really good for night driving, especially as I more on drive on A roads

Stero Upgrade, the basc is ok, but theres a reason people have started threads here asking how to upgrade the stereo

Also have a think if the servicing is worth it if your only buying for two years. You will possibly only need the 1st cheap service in that time. And its rare that that item isnt worth it.

Buy what you will enjoy, the A1 is a great car. And if yur buying the diesel then you will be doing some miles I presume, so get the add ons you will iike. I also like the climate controls, nice for the lazy climate control feature, and you also get the lights and rain sensor thrown in.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Can anyone tell me what happens if you have not got the connectivity pack? Can you still use the car and the MMI to make hands free phone calls over Bluetooth or will it just stream from the mobile and you have to call/answer calls in the usual way?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts