Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of questions.
Does the 1.2 engine look differant from the 1.4 any pics about.

How is the, and have you seen the light and rain sensor package working

How is the auto dimming rear view mirror.

Xenon plus headlights package, headlight adjustment and dynamic range work, also they have changed them i think with no washer system fitted now?????

Have they sorted out the foolding heated mirrors yet ,and do they have a washer system on them also????

Sorry for so many questions,

Cheer.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
1.2 looks smaller.

The Light and Rain Sensor pack is great, works as well as our Q5. Dimming mirror, dont have it, but it will be the same as any VW/Audi.

Xenon lights all work correctly, with self leveling functioning correctly. Our A1 has washers, so not sure about the non washered version.

Mirrors, they do not have a wash system (never seen a car that does). The folding we believe only works with the Keyless option.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou.

Forgot to ask also , how is the quick clear screen switch or setting???

How is the DAB chas it got a DAB motiff on the front, differant from the standard radio.

About the door mirrors in the booklet it say (Heated washer nozzels) and folding on locking door function.

Cheers.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Dimming rear view mirror works just fine
Light sensor is brilliant - leave it on 'Auto' all the time and it looks after itself.
Rain sensor - best to think of it as intelligent wipers - I don't leave them on all the time but in the sensor position their speed is adjusted automatically to how heavy (or light) the rain is. This is different from intermittant wipers where the interval between sweeps is constant.
DAB radio works fine - no motif - doesn't look any different from the radios in any other UK A1s. You just get an extra DAB menu.
Front screen clear is fine - no different really from any other car that uses blown air from the heater to clear the screen. How long it takes depends on how heavy the frost / ice is. With climate control you get a single button that sets temperature, air direction and fan speed in one go instead of setting them all individually.
Heated washer nozzles are the windscreen washer nozzles - nothing to do with mirrors.
The latest brochure doesn't say anything about the mirrors folding on door locking.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
The front and rear screen clear is rapid enough, even in chuffing cold we've had here in Munich (-12 over the weekend).

i have to say though that BOTH windows froze shut last week, which was a tad inconvenient.

As for the wing mirrors, we have just the heated ones (which are an option here). Never seen ones with a washer system! Pics please if anyone has them!

DAB, waste of money at the moment - too expensive

·
Registered
921 Posts
I went for DAB as at time of ordering the car the analogue stations were to be chopped in 2015 but thats been put on hold now. It is expensive especially now that you have to have an upgraded audio system to get it (I didn't). Its also expensive when you consider that VW includes it on some Golfs and its 'only' £150 on others. You do get a bigger range of stations though.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi

I chose the Comfort package (which was £590 GBP at the time). It includes cruise control, rear parking sensors, auto-dimming mirror, sensor-wipers, auto-lights, coming-home/leaving-home lights and sun band. Apart from the sun band (which is barely noticeable) the features are great and I think pretty good value when you look at the separate prices of these items.

I wasn't that bothered about the auto-dimming mirror, but having experienced it, I would be very reluctant not to have it now. Some people have said the standard mirror is a bit flimsy too. It does say in the handbook that the door mirrors dim too, although I am not convinced whether they do, or not.

Pretty cool that the sensor wipers make the rear wiper work too, if the car is in reverse gear. Plus, the audio mutes automatically in reverse, so that you can hear the parking sensors.

I love the options I chose. They made all the difference for me - transferring from a car with no features to speak of.

The replacement car is having heated seats, as I regretted not having them. I was also influenced by the very low temperatures we had in the UK from the day I collected the car onwards!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good feedback thanks.
Do the mirrors dip down to help see the curb when you reverse.??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.