1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As already posted.

I have ordered a 1.4 S-line S Tronic

Deposit £1500

PCP for standard car is approx £320 over 3 years. 9k final payment.

Went for approx 2k of options which pushes it up to £365.

On reading this forum i am wanting to now add DAB and Xenons which is another 1k.

That would be approx another £25 a month.

My question is how do options work with residual and final payment.

The way i see it is that £25 a month is just you paying for the whole extra over 3 years and your not affecting any settlement or trade in ?

But, if i come out after 2 years and have got 3k worth of extras will it affect me massively in keeping my £1500 deposit ?

With xenons, bose and comfort pack being the main bulk the value of them will maybe get factored in a little (30%??)

I dont mind paying the extra a month for the luxury, just worried it will affect come trade in time?

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
pay what you can afford and be happy :)

if you have no intention of keeping the car I wouldn't worry, try and get that monthy payment down as low as possible...

Its stupidly complex how they price the cars with PCP, based on value in three years which surely has to include the options you put on it....

I can tell you now though a car with Bose 3 years from now won't be £700 more than the standard model for example..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yip, as i said, i can afford it but its just my deposit of £1500 or it significantly affecting the hope of building a bit more equity im worried about?

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
johny1980 said:
yip, as i said, i can afford it but its just my deposit of £1500 or it significantly affecting the hope of building a bit more equity im worried about?
Me personally didn't opt for a massive desposit as the interest rate was much lower than a bank....

Surely at the end of the day you pay what you owe on the car (+ more interest if u choose a lower desposit like me) so either way it shouldn't matter...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.