Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 weeks ago I had my 4th annual service covered by the 5yr, fixed interval, (i.e. service every 12 month), service plan. The 'oil change' service indicator correctly says it needs servicing in 9200 mls or 349 days but the 'Service' reminder has started to indicate that the car needs a service in 9200 mls or 26 days! Surely the latter can't be correct? Should not both service reminders be reset when the car is serviced? The dealer is saying that it needs yet another service and they cannot just reset the service reminder because it is linked to the Audi record system (whatever that means). Anyone else had similar experience?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Hi

What utter nonsense from the dealer. I had a similar problem after having my car serviced at 23 months old (it's on the long term schedule). The dealer reset the service indicator when I called in a few days after I noticed the miss match on the indicator and they explained it could be because the brake fluid needs changing at 24 months. Whatever the reason my dealer was sorted it and did the brake fluid at the same time. To say it needs another severe is beyond belief!

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts