Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do you prefer? Having seen some pics with the xtec replacement LEDs I actually think I prefer the look of them on the car compared with the official single strip LEDs.
I am coming from an a4 sline with the led drls which looked stunning as they were dotted I decided I didn't really like the look if the single strip. And it saved me over a grand too so using the saving to go on family holiday to Majorca. :).

Only an opinion but would be good to hear others.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
You gotta be kidding me, or yourself.....................

Enjoy your holiday, I'll enjoy my DRLs in every shop window and every car I pull up behind :lol:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I said just an opinion. If they were dotted like the a4 I would have definitely went for them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's a light costing £1000 !!!!!!!!!!!
What's to think about?

I guess it's ok if you have the cash to spare but a holiday sounds great to me.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered my xtecs yesterday so hopefully will arrive Monday morning. Can't wait. Yours look great eddie. Also getting my tmc tuning box on Monday......

·
Registered
10 Posts
The 'proper' DRL's look cool... for now, but I think their days are numbered. I think you'll struggle to find someone who paid £1000 for them who will agree though. I mean, £1000... on lights!!!!

I understand that you get the Xenons which along with the level-adjusters and washer system does somewhat justify the cost, but let's be honest, people only buy the Xenon package for the LED's.

Remember BMW's Angel Eyes? Very cool back in the day, now, not so much.

As soon as Halfords bring out their stick-on Audi Style DRLS (c) then people will just shrug it off. Even though it's originally a trademark 'Audi Look', many people who aren't into Audi's probably won't know that in a little while and just think it's 'just another car with that strip of light under the headlamps'.

If I was to spec a new build now, I wouldn't go for them either.

And come on man, forget about Majorca, get your A1 over to Deutschland and have some fun in its hometown :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I suppose it's very much a personal choice issue. I'm not a fan of the dotted look LEDs. Much prefer the continuous line version. They came as part of the package so I have them( i got the Xenons for the Xenons -not for the LEDs). Would I pay specially to have them? Not sure- would depend on the cost.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had my last audi on autobahn bouncing off 155mph. It was a 3litre tdi stronic and it was awesome. Wonder what the tuned a1 could do???? Majorca for relaxing. Deutchland for fun...:)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Personal choice, I wanted the DRL and Xenons, dont have them on my current A5 and have often regretted this.

They are expensive for lights, but then they also help you see more of the road and they make the car look better.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
They are expensive... Although, i think they are worth considering as an option.

Safer night time driving and when it comes to resale, it will make the car more sought after and maybe keep a little more value.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I share the opinion that the xtec are a great compromise. I would have like the official Audi LED DRLs but my car was from stock and it was fitted with standard halogen DRL ( Very orange in colour). I changed to xtec w21w LEDs and they are great giving pure White light with an intensity equal or greater than the originals. I have also added som additional Prism Strip LEDS on the black trim next to the fogs. these are wired to the DRL circuit and add extra bling.I will post pics soon.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got my xtecs fitted today and they look amazing although not as bright as I expected. I guess they never were going to be as bright as on other audis like my old a4 but they do look a lot better than the originals. Well worth the 20 quid.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have ordered mine today as well, but when I tried to contact them, I did get an automated message saying they were on less staff due to the holiday season. Things should be back to normal by mid-April. Hopefully they will get my delivery sent out on time.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hopefully. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
ssjash... ive posted in another thread about the brightness of the xtec's due to a few people complaining that they are not very bright and was wondering if you could help me.. are the xtec's noticeable dimmer/brighter, what is your honest opinion of them, would you buy them again?

·
Registered
84 Posts
jollyretard said:
ssjash... ive posted in another thread about the brightness of the xtec's due to a few people complaining that they are not very bright and was wondering if you could help me.. are the xtec's noticeable dimmer/brighter, what is your honest opinion of them, would you buy them again?
I would say they are if anything very slightly dimmer than the originals.
However they do give a great White light which looks fantastic especially on a black car.
This is an honest opinion and yes I would buy them again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts